Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Integrated Dashcam

pip57

Hi Did anyone have the Toyota fitted front facing Dashcam? I did BUT don’t know where it outputs to/ how to add it to my Nextbase app…and neither does anyone at the dealership!

You need the Nextbase Cam Viewer phone app for the Toyota supplied & fitted dash cams - NOT the normal Nextbase dash cam app. 

The normal Nextbase dash cam app wont work with the Toyota dealer fitted dash cams. 

The Toyota dealer should have left the box in the vehicle with the quick start guide & instruction leaflet in that explains this all. 

16 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

You need the Nextbase Cam Viewer phone app for the Toyota supplied & fitted dash cams - NOT the normal Nextbase dash cam app. 

The normal Nextbase dash cam app wont work with the Toyota dealer fitted dash cams. 

The Toyota dealer should have left the box in the vehicle with the quick start guide & instruction leaflet in that explains this all. 

Thanks, they didn’t. I have emailed the salesman to see if he can provide. I am actually wondering whether they forgot to fit it and I am looking at one of the other cameras as it doesn’t look like this!

1C8DCFAA-62DA-477C-9D78-60EFEEC66617.png

its a Nextbase 380GW, it will connect with the Nextbase app you just need to set it up correctly, default setting with the cam is wifi off

https://cdn.nextbase.co.uk/manuals/7C960CBE-0B61-4187-B80D-33FF39D1D1A3/NBDVR380GW - Instruction Manual (English R6).pdf?_ga=2.107657483.869706062.1654107512-1198192847.1654107510

Put the car is ready mode, turn on the wifi on your phone, press the blue triangle button on the cam until it starts flashing - start the Cam Viewer app

Flash, I will check your link, but I find the WiFi link is iffy.  Best result is when my phone is away from home and the Nextbase is the strongest source.  The App function is fine but I prefer plugging the camera into my laptop and viewing with the Nextbase program.  

You get the Satnav link, car Data and even g force levels. 

• Like 1

I also had (have but not fitted) 170 degree fisheye Chinese Dashcam.  It does not have Satnav or speed data, but unlike the Nextbase Cam you can view it on your app while driving. 

The 170 degree coverage is amazing.  While coveting wide angle to the front it also covered inside including gear stick and whole of the steering wheel.  It would prove both hands on the wheel and mobile phone use (or not). 

It depends on if it's had the tamperproof covers fitted if you can access the micro sd and usb

Be interesting to see if they fitted the Battery for parking mode as its classed as an optional extra.

41 minutes ago, mrpj1 said:

Don't let plod see you doing that!:ph34r:

As a passenger 😁

• Haha 1

Good save! :laugh: 

Why were these topics merged? The subject and discussion are quite different. :confused:

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 7:23 PM, flash22 said:

its a Nextbase 380GW, it will connect with the nextbase app you just need to set it up correctly, default setting with the cam is wifi off

https://cdn.nextbase.co.uk/manuals/7C960CBE-0B61-4187-B80D-33FF39D1D1A3/NBDVR380GW - Instruction Manual (English R6).pdf?_ga=2.107657483.869706062.1654107512-1198192847.1654107510

Put the car is ready mode, turn on the wifi on your phone, press the blue triangle button on the cam until it starts flashing - start the Cam Viewer app

There isn’t a blue triangle, there are no visible buttons at all which is why I am wondering whether the camera has actually been fitted.

This is the 380GWX as fitted by my dealer...not sure why it was fitted so low down as the camera is at bottom! I've moved upwards since it was fitted.

20220507_103933.jpg

There is a factory camera, this is for the Toyota Safety Sense Not a Dash cam, the Dash cam is a optional dealer fit when new

Edit, what happened to this thread it seems to have been merged, Odd

1 hour ago, TimChapman said:

This is the 380GWX as fitted by my dealer...not sure why it was fitted so low down as the camera is at bottom! I've moved upwards since it was fitted.

20220507_103933.jpg

That's a terrible installation Tim. I wouldn't have accepted it. You shouldn't have to correct a so-called professional install! Front only?

I hope the £231 (pip57's picture) includes fitting because it can be bought for as low as £110.

£231 is SRP with the Battery backup, not fitted !!

The 380GWX is the front and rear one

these are "fleet" cameras, hence why they have the tamperproof screws and Battery backup

2 hours ago, mrpj1 said:

That's a terrible installation Tim. I wouldn't have accepted it. You shouldn't have to correct a so-called professional install! Front only?

I hope the £231 (pip57's picture) includes fitting because it can be bought for as low as £110.

I didn't really notice how low it was at first, the dealer is 45 minutes away so it was easier just to sort it myself. It's the front and rear @£350 fitted. Funnily enough the rear one is a slighlty lower than I would have liked but not enough to spend the time moving it.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:41 PM, Roy124 said:

Flash, I will check your link, but I find the WiFi link is iffy.  Best result is when my phone is away from home and the Nextbase is the strongest source.  The App function is fine but I prefer plugging the camera into my laptop and viewing with the Nextbase program.  

You get the Satnav link, car Data and even g force levels. 

If you check the internet you will find the wi-fi issues are far from uncommon with this the Nextbase 380GW .  Mine was fitted by the dealer as I purchased and ex-demonstrator but after trying three different phones with the 390GW each had the same problems, most the time not connecting and when it did the connection was never stable for more than five minutes.  In the end I ignored the Nextbase and fitted a VANTRUE S1 4K.  It has a small screen that can be used for setting up but to play Dashcam footage you need to put the SD card into a computer.  The fact that the Vantrue app shows the route on goggle maps as the video plays is a really nice touch. At £160 for front a rear cameras it is not really going to break the bank and I managed to fit it in a couple of hours one morning.  I have been using it for four months now and I really love it.

There are many dash cam I would consider but from my experience with the 380GW none would be from Nextbase.

Yes, more expensive, but makes for a much neater and more discreet installation. Working perfectly for 5 years now, front and rear.

My rear camera is lower than I would like but that's only because the lens is within the rear wiper sweep. Also the cable is a bit "dangly" to allow for the rear hatch opening. I didn't want to disturb the flexible cable trunking which would have made a neater, concealed cable transition from headlining to camera. 

dashcam.jpg

i have run Blackvue cameras for many years - mine is slightly offset to yours and about 10-20mm higher - the BlackVue cameras are low profile and a lot easier to hide

On 6/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Hornet3D said:

.... a VANTRUE S1 4K.  It has a small screen that can be used for setting up but to play dashcam footage you need to put the SD card into a computer.....

SD cards seem to be going the way of CDs.  Just bought a new laptop, neither had an optical drive and the choice was one of two. It was a choice between a LAN port or an SD slot.  I opted for the LAN. 

For SD Cards I need a USB adaptor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

SD cards seem to be going the way of CDs.  Just bought a new laptop, neither had an optical drive and the choice was one of two. It was a choice between a LAN port or an SD slot.  I opted for the LAN. 

For SD Cards I need a USB adaptor. 

I can see your point but I don't think the the comparison between SD cards and CDs is valid.  CDs died out for a couple of reasons for a start they were not as indestructible  as the public were led to believe and the technology moved on to DVD and Blue Ray.  I accept the laptop manufacturers are always looking to cut costs and make the laptops as small as possible but that does not mean that SDs are dying out.  Many of the top range cameras still use them and while more photos are being taken on mobile phones they often use micro SD cards for which you will also need a USB adapter, in most cases the same adapter.    

Even though the Nextbase 380 has wi-fi is still uses an SD card for storage, the only way I can make use of it in fact.  The other advantage of any card storage is that, should an accident occur, the card can be locked so that the incident is not overwritten, and can also be swapped for another SD card to keep the dash camera operating.    Yes it needs a USB adapter but considering such adapters are available for less than £5 I do not this being any sort of restriction on the use of SD cards.

When I said CD, I included all optical drives. 

I take your point on the utility of SD chips but increasingly transfer will be via cloud.  I have several security cameras.  The earliest has a large SD card and is readable over WiFi.  The next has a card that can also be read over WiFi but the main storage is Cloud.  The latest set have an SD card in the base station with WiFi from the cameras but Cloud is the principal storage medium. 

Where Nextbase, at the moment, fails is reliance on WiFi to an App. If it could connect to my home WiFi and cloud it would be better. 

Opening up the Dashcam topic, why do we even need a Dashcam

The car has perfectly suitable front and rear cameras as standard.  Why can these not be used?  They could also be replayed on the car screen.