Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T3X 2006 - How do I change the number plate bulbs?

PaulQQQ

Hello, I need to change the bulbs on my number plate lights, and the housings look like in the picture below - there don't seem to be any screws but instead they' look like they're clipped in - there seems to be a clip on the top edge of the light as seen in the picture, slightly set to the right.

image.thumb.jpeg.780553e1b31463660ccb08d8fd054c00.jpeg

Can anybody give me some help on how to change these lights ?  I haven't seen this type before.

Many thanks,

Paul

I think you access that from the inside, is there not a pop out on the boot lid?

Aaaah...maybe.  I'd seen it but forgotten about it in this respect.  I'll have to do a bit more research.

Thanks for the the top Stivino.

Regards,

Paul

From a manual I have on pdf...

Remove back door trim assy ( I assume this means the internal boot trim assembly?)  On a different page it shows unscrewing 2 screws in the grab handles on the internal boot trim, then popping out 12 clips

Remove back door garnish sub-assy outside (eh?)

Pull the license plate lamp assy to the side as shown and release the claw (it shows a left then outwards motion)

Word of advice though. The boot handle can come out especially when in icy weather. This has happened on my 2007 avensis and also my friends diesel avensis. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links