Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel locks kit

CMJToyota

I was looking in my wheel nut kit supplied with the vehicle (Yaris 3rd generation) and there is a piece missing.Would anybody tell me what should be in the empty slot

80F86301-2D0A-4986-9163-629302FC1587.jpeg

26 minutes ago, CMJToyota said:

I was looking in my wheel nut kit supplied with the vehicle (Yaris 3rd generation) and there is a piece missing.Would anybody tell me what should be in the empty slot

80F86301-2D0A-4986-9163-629302FC1587.jpeg

It looks like a second socket for undoing the security nuts

• Like 1

That is what I thought but the graphic on the box looks nothing like what is inside.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CMJToyota said:

That is what I thought but the graphic on the box looks nothing like what is inside.

I always wondered too what exactly should have been there, but I found a use of  it, I placed my cat converter plate security lock bolts socket and now it’s all good 👍 

I checked on the Mazda 2 Hybrid configurator.The locking wheel nuts are an optional extra.The photo in the configurator is exactly the same as yours.With the empty space.'Kit includes 4 locking wheel nuts and adaptor'.

It’s for a car with 5 stud wheels.  They have an extra locking wheel nut.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Like this;

A6736DF9-D43F-46EB-8BA0-A006AF906270.png

some had a plastic pusher for chrome wheel nut covers too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still find it funny the Mk4 has a 5-stud wheel instead of a 4-stud one like every other Yaris ever made, and even the jappy Mk4 has 4-stud!!

Between that and the increasingly ridiculous rim sizes the're really trying to sell this whole sporty hybrid hatchback thing in the Euro-spec cars :laugh: 

4 stud or 5 you only need ONE lock nut per wheel.  By chance, today I saw a need for five lock nuts.   The fifth wheel was the rear door mounted spare. 

The 4/5 wheel nut box is clearly standard box. 

• Like 2

This is the graphic on the box exterior . In a perfect world you would hope that the graphic reflected what was actually in the box

FC1F8E6F-375A-4ABC-8A0A-7AA5498FEE7E.jpeg

That graphic appears to show five different types of locking wheel nut. You'd want them all to be the same.

Or you're really paranoid :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

4 stud or 5 you only need ONE lock nut per wheel.  By chance, today I saw a need for five lock nuts.   The fifth wheel was the rear door mounted spare. 

The 4/5 wheel nut box is clearly standard box. 

I’m making excuses now but the early models of RAV had a wheel on the back door.  

0A938941-3E9F-4544-8CEE-2CEC9F01D206.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

I’m making excuses now but the early models of RAV had a wheel on the back door.  

0A938941-3E9F-4544-8CEE-2CEC9F01D206.png

That's the one 😄

A space saver or an inflation kit would be s*d all use down a rock strewn track. 

• Like 1

I just traded in my 3-door RAV4. 😢

I did indeed have 5 locking wheel nuts. One for each wheel. Or alternatively, 5 for one very secure wheel.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

I did indeed have 5 locking wheel nuts. One for each wheel. Or alternatively, 5 for one very secure wheel.

Alternatively, the scrotes had the other three wheels😉

The wheel locks kit contains a key code card. The card has a graphic referring to a placard inside the glove box but my car doesn’t have one in the area depicted.The only placard in the glove box is about tire loading information. What does the code refer to?

I have recently bought the wheel locks for the Corolla and what I do not understand is why that empty space is not used to give the customer a second key socket, one for the car and the other for safe keeping at home...

• Like 1

Why?  It should live in your car and is unlikely break, go flat, or get lost like your keys. 

Regarding its security, you losing your wheels if someone breaks in, it rather negates the value of a spare wheel of you don't have it with you. 

The only advantage of a spare is if you drop it down a roadside gully😄

The locking nut manufacturer probably uses the same plastic moulding inside the box for a number of vehicle manufacturers and also the kits they supply directly. Saves having two mouldings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Why?  It should live in your car and is unlikely break, go flat, or get lost like your keys. 

Regarding its security, you losing your wheels if someone breaks in, it rather negates the value of a spare wheel of you don't have it with you. 

The only advantage of a spare is if you drop it down a roadside gully😄

Because maybe the people working on your car are a little bit less conscious with your property than you are? If the key socket is lost, you're talking about at least a week without being able to use your car, while you wait for the replacement key to arrive.

The other day I was waiting in line to buy a torque wrench and the guy in front asked for a Thule replacement key for his roof box and the waiting time was two weeks. I'll guess that's faster if you just brake the cylinder, but you risk damaging your equipment. The same applies fr your wheels...

• Like 1

Think this is one of the great mysteries of our time, and is just part of the rich tapestry of life ......

Really all that matters is that you have one wheel lock for each wheel, bar the spare in most cases, and one key to undo the lock if and when required.

Surely the days of having your alloys nicked are passed ? 

Maybe the tyres are more tempting. 😃

6 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Surely the days of having your alloys nicked are passed ? 

Apparently not according to the first post in the following topic:

• Like 1