Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo X delivery lead time

Jahonny

So after being left disappointed that our Toyota Aygo Auto that we ordered back at the start of Nov 21 hadn’t made the production line in time before the cut off date, we finally accepted an offer for the New Aygo X Auto in Mar 22. We are now into Jun 22 and the dealership are saying they still have no delivery date or update for me. Is this right, as I feel like pulling the plug on the deal as their communication is dreadful. Does anyone know what the current delivery lead time is on the new Toyota Aygo X Auto?

Many thanks 

J

Our situation mirrors yours as we could not even buy the very last Aygo MMT,s that were available as demonstrators in January for a model that was no longer built.

Consequently, we ordered an Aygo X Auto on February the 8th. & received it on the 20th. of May following a Transit 2mm. chip repair that took 10 days to fix.

The Auto X is well worth waiting for & is a Yaris clone in many respects.

Tel

• Like 1

Thus, in our Czech Republic, the delivery time for the new Aygo X is currently approximately 8 months from the order.

• Like 2

I ordered mine 25th February. Estimated delivery date was 1st June. MyT app and emails reported manufacture started 21st May, left factory 23rd May and in transit 2nd June, with app indicating it’s in Zeebrugge. I believe these are approximations, but it gives you some idea. Reckon I might get it sometime in July if I’m lucky.

• Like 1

After a test drive on 17 May I asked the question and the answer was September.

• Like 1

I placed my order on 14th April, with a delivery date of 26th August, then updated to 25th July and it's now at the Toyota UK Distribution Centre in Derby, it's been there for nearly two weeks ( not sure why it sits there like this !! ).

I now have delivery date of 20th June and possibly, if the sales rep can pull a few strings, maybe 10th June.

So, I really would take any given delivery date with a glass of wine and a big pinch of salt 🥺

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jahonny said:

So after being left disappointed that our Toyota Aygo Auto that we ordered back at the start of Nov 21 hadn’t made the production line in time before the cut off date, we finally accepted an offer for the New Aygo X Auto in Mar 22. We are now into Jun 22 and the dealership are saying they still have no delivery date or update for me. Is this right, as I feel like pulling the plug on the deal as their communication is dreadful. Does anyone know what the current delivery lead time is on the new Toyota Aygo X Auto?

Many thanks 

J

Aygo X is one of the lesser affected models, current ETA for a factory order is July build for September delivery and as of last week there were just 200 unallocated UK orders at the factory,

What does your order tracker in the MyT app say ?

• Like 1

My partner ordered an Aygo X Edge manual in cardamom green and canvas roof on 12th April. The car was built a couple of weeks ago, has left the factory and now in transit in France. ETA at dealer is 4th July from the backend data on the website.

My Yaris design with pano roof on the other hand was ordered 13th March but ETA is December/January.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Aygo X is one of the lesser affected models, current ETA for a factory order is July build for September delivery and as of last week there were just 200 unallocated UK orders at the factory,

What does your order tracker in the MyT app say ?

To be honest, I only have paperwork and email correspondence with the sales person saying he would keep me informed, only to find that I have to keep chasing him. On purchase, there was no mention of the MyT app or a way of tracking the order, is this something I can still set up myself?

I think your dealer has to set it up for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jahonny said:

To be honest, I only have paperwork and email correspondence with the sales person saying he would keep me informed, only to find that I have to keep chasing him. On purchase, there was no mention of the MyT app or a way of tracking the order, is this something I can still set up myself?

Setup an account then give your salesman the corresponding email address, the dealer can then link the order to your account and the car & its progress will then appear on the app

• Like 2

I already had the MyT app. Didn’t do anything my Aygo X just appeared in it. I assume as my dealer has the same email address for me that I use for my Toyota account, so the computer system automatically added it.

I’m also getting emails from Toyota/dealer when status changes.

• Like 1

My partners Aygo X arrived at the Toyota UK Distribution Centre in Derby today. ETA to dealer is still showing as 4th July but hopefully will get it a bit sooner than that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulc1976 said:

My partners Aygo X arrived at the Toyota UK Distribution Centre in Derby today. ETA to dealer is still showing as 4th July but hopefully will get it a bit sooner than that.

Good luck with that.  Mine has been at the Derby Distribution center for nearly a month and my local Toyota salesman has no authority in the matter whatsoever, so keep hoping. !!!

Toyota GB are getting a letter from me on this.  Just not acceptable.

• Like 1

That's really bad, no reason it should be there for that long.

I guess I will expect it will arrive at the dealer no earlier than 4th July then.

• Like 1

To be fair I'm not sure how grounded in reality the progress/location data is - My one was all over the place before suddenly arriving at the dealer :laugh: 

• Like 1

I ordered Aygo X exclusive in December. Been in Derbyshire for last week have been informed today it will be at dealership on the 14th

• Like 1

I hope you get it.  My last promised date was today and now it's 21st June.

Not sure what's going on in Derby, but someone needs fired.

I honestly think they are possibly short of transporter drivers...what else could it possibly be !!

• Like 1

Problems at Derby? Could be lack of drivers and or transporter availability. Trying to distribute orders in the most economic manner given the current cost of fuel, wouldnt want to send a partly loaded transporter the length of the country if it can be avoided. Could be any number of reasons or a combination of them all. MyT app and latest email shows mine as "in transit", currently in Zeebrugge, but I believe that's only an approximation, could be there or on a ship somewhere in the North Sea!

According to my dealer as of this Monday gone the latest report they had for when they should get mine is the end of the month. Hope that doesn't slip as the MOT and service on my current Aygo is due by the 13th July. Don't want to pay out on that if at all possible! Actually I already have as I have a service plan, but if its not done it should transfer to a new one for the Cross.

• Like 1

My Yaris was at Toton, just off the train, on 26 May and was at my dealership in Northampton on 1 June. The ETA on the website (digging into the web inspector) was the end of June. It beat that by several weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my Aygo X this morning.

I'm still playing around with everything and is going to take a while to get used to a new sized car !! 

One thing I did overlook or not realise, is that it's only Apple Carplay that has wireless connection, Android Auto requires connection with cable...a real shame, but maybe a possible future  software update !!.  Not serious enough for me to change from Android to iPhone 🥺

The Supagard protection coating looks stunning in this sunshine.  Not sure where I read , but I remember someone cancelling their order because the chili red colour is not red...I have to agree, it's more of a Goldy Bronzy Orangy colour, but I still like it.

Time to get the Owners Handbook out and see what's what 👍

• Like 2

Nice one! We are collecting ours at the end of the week.

Didnt know about the wireless android auto. The edge model we ordered is wired CarPlay anyway. I’ve bought a wireless CarPlay dongle so will try it out at the weekend.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, paulc1976 said:

Nice one! We are collecting ours at the end of the week.

Didnt know about the wireless android auto. The edge model we ordered is wired CarPlay anyway. I’ve bought a wireless CarPlay dongle so will try it out at the weekend.

I stumbled across on getting my Android phone to use Android Auto wirelessly, once my phone is paired with the car, I pressed the Projection button the the cars head unit and it works fine.

PXL_20220622_094301706.jpg

• Like 2

My Aygo X Exclusive was ordered in March with projected delivery of August. I get emails every so often from Toyota to say it is still August.

• Like 1