Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo X delivery lead time

Jahonny

On 6/5/2022 at 11:52 PM, Jahonny said:

So after being left disappointed that our Toyota Aygo Auto that we ordered back at the start of Nov 21 hadn’t made the production line in time before the cut off date, we finally accepted an offer for the New Aygo X Auto in Mar 22. We are now into Jun 22 and the dealership are saying they still have no delivery date or update for me. Is this right, as I feel like pulling the plug on the deal as their communication is dreadful. Does anyone know what the current delivery lead time is on the new Toyota Aygo X Auto?

Many thanks 

J

Ordered March delivery probably August. That is what I am told with my order. You can monitor the progress of the order online. Log in to MyToyota online and it will tell you as it moves forward. It will be stuck in processing for weeks and weeks and then the build starts. It takes 15 hours to build. Then it is checked over and put on a transporter.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Donrald said:

Ordered March delivery probably August. That is what I am told with my order. You can monitor the progress of the order online. Log in to MyToyota online and it will tell you as it moves forward. It will be stuck in processing for weeks and weeks and then the build starts. It takes 15 hours to build. Then it is checked over and put on a transporter.

Thankyou, I appreciate the message, just frustrating as the sales rep kept replying with he’ll be in touch when he hears something and then left month after month with no updates. I spoke to a manager the other week who indeed said ETA was August at present but could change. I’ve seen others on here that have received there new car quicker so keeping my fingers crossed. It’s always a concern too, that my trade in is getting older and something could go wrong and then they back track on the agreed value. 

I have this morning been advised my Aygo has left the factory. It is undergoing checks before being shipped. I imagine it will still be the end of July or early August before I see it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Donrald said:

I have this morning been advised my Aygo has left the factory. It is undergoing checks before being shipped. I imagine it will still be the end of July or early August before I see it.

Great news, my status has this afternoon just changed to build in progress, so hopefully not far behind yourself, hope everything goes well and you enjoy your new car. 🤞🏻👍🏻

If you read back through my comments on this thread in regards to my cars progress.  In my case, the journey from the factory in Eastern Europe to Toyota's Derby Distribution centre was FAR quicker than the journey from Toyota's Derby Distribution Centre to my Toyota Dealer in Reading!!

So the wee diagram in myT showing your car's journey is a bit of a hit and miss.

I actually saw my car at the dealers before they took off the outer protective film on the roof and bonnet etc and I did notice that the shipping document stuck on the inside of the windscreen had the word RAIL on it, so I assume it was on a train for part of the journey.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jahonny said:
10 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

If you read back through my comments on this thread in regards to my cars progress.  In my case, the journey from the factory in Eastern Europe to Toyota's Derby Distribution centre was FAR quicker than the journey from Toyota's Derby Distribution Centre to my Toyota Dealer in Reading!!

So the wee diagram in myT showing your car's journey is a bit of a hit and miss.

I actually saw my car at the dealers before they took off the outer protective film on the roof and bonnet etc and I did notice that the shipping document stuck on the inside of the windscreen had the word RAIL on it, so I assume it was on a train for part of the journey.

Expand  

Yes, I saw your message thanks and agree with you. Just pleased to see some progress at least, it’s been a long process from the 1/11/21 when my original order got cancelled. 👍🏻

On 6/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, Donrald said:

Any new updates on your car, my car status is now in transit already as of this morning. Fingers crossed it is now ahead of the August ETA.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:22 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

PXL_20220621_101658106.jpg

Are you still enjoying your new car?

For sure, I (we) are enjoying it. Very economical, comfortable and plenty of toys to play with and super easy to drive.

Takes a bit of getting used to driving a smaller car.  It does have restricted viewing at the rear due to the wide pillars.  But the rear view camera and all round parking sensors help a lot.  I don't like the rear view camera guide lines.  I'd prefer if the outer blue lines indicated the edge of the kerb, but the outer blue lines overlap the kerb on both sides, but I suppose I'll get used to it, but I'd prefer no guidelines at all in this particular case.

I'm getting used to the colour, chili red which is not red at all, but luckily, I like the colour.

The large 9" screen is great with Google Maps.

Waiting for the car to be broken in properly and settle down, so I can get a better idea of mpg, currently showing 47mpg.

• Like 1

My partner has the Aygo X Edge manual in cardamom green with canvas roof - she loves it. Handles very well, much better drive than the Mk2 aygo - quieter, more refined and better handling and lots of kit. She's getting 55-61 MPG mix of rural and town driving (not hypermiling). She's not fussed on the lane keep assist and she doesn't like the high clutch but that is common on a manual Aygo.

I've fitted a wireless CarPlay dongle, MagSafe wireless charger (wired CarPlay is standard on this version), boot protector and rear seat protector. I'm thinking about getting a mudguard set for the winter but not sure if they make much difference.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paulc1976 said:

My partner has the Aygo X Edge manual in cardamom green with canvas roof - she loves it. Handles very well, much better drive than the Mk2 aygo - quieter, more refined and better handling and lots of kit. She's getting 55-61 MPG mix of rural and town driving (not hypermiling). She's not fussed on the lane keep assist and she doesn't like the high clutch but that is common on a manual Aygo.

I've fitted a wireless CarPlay dongle, MagSafe wireless charger (wired CarPlay is standard on this version), boot protector and rear seat protector. I'm thinking about getting a mudguard set for the winter but not sure if they make much difference.

I have the mudguards. They are not massive, but will help and look good .

You mention the rear seat protector, is that the set that covers the metal part of the rear seats ?  If so, how much did they cost ?

• Like 1

Ah cool, may get them then.

Yes, those are the ones. They stick to the metal part with self adhesive velcro tabs (supplied). There are outline marks on the cover to place the pieces of velcro. Cost £39.02

Link

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/accessories#/

I will post some pics tomorrow.

F10B8940-D694-4DF2-86E3-5BB0422C6B32.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 12:50 AM, Jason Monk said:

Problems at Derby? Could be lack of drivers and or transporter availability. Trying to distribute orders in the most economic manner given the current cost of fuel, wouldnt want to send a partly loaded transporter the length of the country if it can be avoided. Could be any number of reasons or a combination of them all. MyT app and latest email shows mine as "in transit", currently in Zeebrugge, but I believe that's only an approximation, could be there or on a ship somewhere in the North Sea!

According to my dealer as of this Monday gone the latest report they had for when they should get mine is the end of the month. Hope that doesn't slip as the MOT and service on my current Aygo is due by the 13th July. Don't want to pay out on that if at all possible! Actually I already have as I have a service plan, but if its not done it should transfer to a new one for the Cross.

Bit of a bummer. I’ve got to get my current Aygo MOT’d as new ones not in yet and doesn’t look like it will be in time for my trip away on Monday! Oh well it’s only money that could be spent on fuel. 💷

• Sad 1

On 7/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

For sure, I (we) are enjoying it. Very economical, comfortable and plenty of toys to play with and super easy to drive.

Takes a bit of getting used to driving a smaller car.  It does have restricted viewing at the rear due to the wide pillars.  But the rear view camera and all round parking sensors help a lot.  I don't like the rear view camera guide lines.  I'd prefer if the outer blue lines indicated the edge of the kerb, but the outer blue lines overlap the kerb on both sides, but I suppose I'll get used to it, but I'd prefer no guidelines at all in this particular case.

I'm getting used to the colour, chili red which is not red at all, but luckily, I like the colour.

The large 9" screen is great with Google Maps.

Waiting for the car to be broken in properly and settle down, so I can get a better idea of mpg, currently showing 47mpg.

Is that CVT? If yes, what was uphill driving are like? Motorway driving? Was the Sat Nav any good on it?

Yes, the Auto CVT.  I've been on a few uphills, but nothing very steep yet, but so far it was fine.  Motorway driving is also fine.  Once you are at your set speed, it's fine.  However, when getting into the motorway from the slip road and also over taking, you just have to remember that it's going nowhere fast.  But to be honest, that suits me fine.  Like every car I've had.  I pick my moment carefully to over take, so that I don't get in anyone's way, who has a much faster car than mine .

Not sure if it's just me.  But when I abide by the law and stick to 70mph, just about EVERY other vehicle is bombing passed and are clearly speeding and never a cop in sight to get these people !!

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

That's good to know - They were saying they were going to stop using container ships and switch to rail for environmental reasons (Electric train is always going to be less polluting than a bunker fuel burning container ship!), despite it being a lot more expensive, so good on them for actually doing it!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, Donrald said:

Spoke to sales rep today who advised me ETA looking like 27th July. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Jahonny said:

Spoke to sales rep today who advised me ETA looking like 27th July. 👍🏻

Hope it arrives, but be prepared for it to slip. Mine was originally 1st June. Last update was it was going to be at dealer 4th July. Needless to say it wasn’t and still isn’t.

Even had to MOT my existing car, fortunately it passed so only had to pay MOT fee. Insurance renews on the 18th, if I don’t receive it by then I’ll end up having to pay an administration fee to change the insurance over!

• Sad 1

Hi all,

New user here, excited to see that my Aygo X (ordered mid-May) has just arrived in Derbyshire, having left the factory 10 days ago. I just wondered if other Aygo X buyers are still having the same experience described above, where their new car is sitting in Derbyshire for weeks before finally reaching their local dealership?

Cheers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, helocapitaine said:

I just wondered if other Aygo X buyers are still having the same experience described above, where their new car is sitting in Derbyshire for weeks before finally reaching their local dealership?

Toyota use Burnaston as a distribution hub for the majority of their models.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota use Burnaston as a distribution hub for the majority of their models.

Thanks Mike,

I was mainly curious about the timescale once the car arrives at Burnaston. A few folks above said that once their car got to Burnaston it sat there for about a month before finally being dispatched to their local dealer. I just wondered if others are still having that kind of a wait time at this stage in the car's journey.

I'm just excited! I've been without wheels for a year and this will be my first car that's not a clunker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, helocapitaine said:

Hi all,

New user here, excited to see that my Aygo X (ordered mid-May) has just arrived in Derbyshire, having left the factory 10 days ago. I just wondered if other Aygo X buyers are still having the same experience described above, where their new car is sitting in Derbyshire for weeks before finally reaching their local dealership?

Cheers.

Yep mines still there!

• Sad 1

My Toyota dealer, who is a franchise, could not and cannot get any feedback from that Toyota distribution centre, as to why it takes so long to get cars delivered to dealers...in my case almost a month !!!

I reckon staff shortages of some kind, but whatever it is, they will not admit there is a issue.  They just don't give the dealers a reason !!!

• Confused 1

They won't want to be sending car transporters out that are not at least fully loaded, so if there are not many cars to be delivered in an area then there will be a delay until there are enough cars to be delivered.

The shortage of HGV drivers will be another factor I suspect.

• Like 1