Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo X delivery lead time

Jahonny

4 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

They won't want to be sending car transporters out that are not at least fully loaded, so if there are not many cars to be delivered in an area then there will be a delay until there are enough cars to be delivered.

The shortage of HGV drivers will be another factor I suspect.

To be honest that's Toyota's problem, not the customer !! And if it is something like that, then give the customer the option to pay for a private delivery (outrageous, I know).  I would have paid extra to get my car one month early.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jason Monk said:

I ordered mine 25th February. Estimated delivery date was 1st June. MyT app and emails reported manufacture started 21st May, left factory 23rd May and in transit 2nd June, with app indicating it’s in Zeebrugge. I believe these are approximations, but it gives you some idea. Reckon I might get it sometime in July if I’m lucky.

I ordered the aygo x ther on 8th July. And there on 14th July it says in transit and hasn't moved since..?

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, helocapitaine said:

Hi all,

New user here, excited to see that my Aygo X (ordered mid-May) has just arrived in Derbyshire, having left the factory 10 days ago. I just wondered if other Aygo X buyers are still having the same experience described above, where their new car is sitting in Derbyshire for weeks before finally reaching their local dealership?

Cheers.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, helocapitaine said:

Hi all,

New user here, excited to see that my Aygo X (ordered mid-May) has just arrived in Derbyshire, having left the factory 10 days ago. I just wondered if other Aygo X buyers are still having the same experience described above, where their new car is sitting in Derbyshire for weeks before finally reaching their local dealership?

Cheers.

ETA has been reduced to 19h July now, spoke to sales rep to confirm but not holding my breath. Arrived in the UK 1st July, got a message last Thursday to say it’s with MK retailer but when I rang to check he said it wasn’t and it was in fact with their PDI centre still bit hopefully here on time. Will keep you posted. My original order was placed back in March.

Hello, 

I just wanted to state that I ordered my Aygo X around the end of May, It has just arrived in Derby 2 days ago. I rang up my Toyota dealership around a week ago to ask about a ETA and the bloke I spoke to was lovely about it, he told me the latest it states it will be is the 22nd of August, but the bloke I spoke to today was rude, he said he doesn't know anything, rushed my call and then proceeded to say he will speak to my sales rep and call me back, but never did call back. 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, Donrald said:

My Aygo X Exclusive was ordered in March with projected delivery of August. I get emails every so often from Toyota to say it is still August.

An update on this. Toyota don’t seem to update the data you can access in the My Toyota app. I was emailed early June that the car had left the factory. A few days later the app was updated to say that but there it has remained. But I believe from what Toyota Online have advised me it is in the country and it will be early August when it is delivered. The app remains at “left the factory.” Perhaps they have nobody around to update the apps for customers. There does seem to be a hold up in the midlands at the distribution depot.

And the reports showing delivery dates they send to the dealers are a waste of time, as they don’t keep to the stated dates! Been given many dates only for them to come and go. Latest update I got last Thursday said “next week” and here we are a week later and nothing, so I guess their report this week again says next week.

Ordered in February with initial delivery date of June 1st, will it beat August? Mind you they didn’t state June of which year! 🤣

just a shame I’ve had to pay out to MOT my current car and as. Y insurance has now renewed I’ll end up having to pay a fee to have it changed.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:30 AM, JamesBrock21 said:

Hello, 

I just wanted to state that I ordered my Aygo X around the end of May, It has just arrived in Derby 2 days ago. I rang up my Toyota dealership around a week ago to ask about a ETA and the bloke I spoke to was lovely about it, he told me the latest it states it will be is the 22nd of August, but the bloke I spoke to today was rude, he said he doesn't know anything, rushed my call and then proceeded to say he will speak to my sales rep and call me back, but never did call back. 

Frustrating process, I must admit. Car arrived and has been at dealership for a couple of days now, pick-up on Tuesday, fingers crossed all goes well.  

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses and chat and apologies for not responding further myself, been very busy.

Anyway, last weekend I got an email from my dealer saying the ETA had come forward from 11th August to 27th July. Then a day later I heard it had come forward again to the 22nd. Then on the 20th, I heard that it had already arrived!

I ended up collecting it on Friday 22nd and my sales rep basically said the deliveries and ETAs are all over the place - some are coming much earlier, some later than originally projected. It sounds like it's down to luck at the moment, and I just got lucky.

Over the moon with my new X!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, helocapitaine said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses and chat and apologies for not responding further myself, been very busy.

Anyway, last weekend I got an email from my dealer saying the ETA had come forward from 11th August to 27th July. Then a day later I heard it had come forward again to the 22nd. Then on the 20th, I heard that it had already arrived!

I ended up collecting it on Friday 22nd and my sales rep basically said the deliveries and ETAs are all over the place - some are coming much earlier, some later than originally projected. It sounds like it's down to luck at the moment, and I just got lucky.

Over the moon with my new X!

Don't forget to post a photo 👍

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Quite right!

So pleased with the cardamom green!

aygo x.jpg

• Like 6

ooh great, I really love the green colour myself

• Like 1

6 hours ago, helocapitaine said:

Quite right!

So pleased with the cardamom green!

aygo x.jpg

Same colour I’ve got on order and waiting delivery of!

On 7/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Picked up new Aygo X Exclusive today. 👍🏻

5FE15EF1-9D1D-41F6-AEA0-9FB12DE617C6.jpeg

• Like 5

I ordered my Aygo X Exclusive auto on June 27th, it showed as left factory on MyT on July 13th, since then no updates! I spoke to the local dealer yesterday, he reckons its due to be delivered to him between 22nd and 27th of August!  So fingers firmly crossed!  

Well yet again mine didn’t arrive at my dealer today as per the report they received last week from Toyota and is now stated as arriving on the 3rd of August. I’m not holding my breadth!

Ordered in February with an initial delivery estimate of 1st June, I guess they didn’t say which June.

That's rediculous.  I ordered mine in April, got it in June .

Suspect being on the Isle of Wight doesn’t help!

I've had an update on my Aygo X Exclusive Auto today saying 'In Transit' and that it will soon be at the dealership, which is in Eastbourne, but I guess it will have to go via Derbyshire? 

20 minutes ago, Barb5734 said:

I guess it will have to go via Derbyshire? 

Almost certainly.

• Like 2

Well once again my X didn’t arrive at my dealer. They raised a case with Toyota to try and find out what the reason for the delay is. Toyota’s answer? Industrial action, which we assume is Red Funnel Ferries strikes, which could be an excuse for this week but not for all the previous weeks when they weren’t taking place!

Oh well maybe next week but I won’t be holding my breadth.

What is the average transit time between the factory and the dealership? When I bought the car at the end of April the dealer told me "September 6" as the probable date of delivery.

As far as I know the car doesn't even exist yet as it has no VIN. With September 6 about a month away I need to know when I should expect the VIN so I can hopefully sell my current car in the same week when I take delivery of the X

6 minutes ago, DucthPieter said:

What is the average transit time between the factory and the dealership?

I'm guessing from your username and location that you may be based in The Netherlands?

If so you won't have the ferry delays that have been commented on a lot by UK purchasers, only a truck/train journey from the factory in the Czech Republic plus any delay if the importer does a pre-PDI check.

I am indeed from the Netherlands. I am on this forum because I can find the most comprehensive information and discussions here. I haven't been able to find anything similar on this side of the water.

Just got a mail from my dealer saying that the expected delivery of September 6 is delayed until "early November".

That's totally unacceptable.  You are about the only person I have heard with such delays.  My first Aygo X took 2 months from placing the order to me collecting it.  My REPLACEMENT Aygo X order was placed about 4 weeks ago and is currently on the ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull.

If I were you, I'd cancel that order and go to another dealer.

Alternatively, there are a few ex demonstrators on Autotrader for immediate collection.