Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise control radar recall

Nixy

Hi just been notified by Toyota that the cruise control radar needs to be checked. Have u had similar recall notices? 

22SMS-016 Millimetre Wave Sensor Inspection and Initialization on Certain Multiple Models

I had the first Radar recall done on 9th May, but I had an email from Toyota on 28th May telling me I'm subject to a recall regarding "Radar Sensor Inspection" and asking me to contact my nearest Official Toyota Centre a.s.a.p. Anyone know what this might be about?

• Like 1

Nothing new in the TSB's must be the same recall, the system just had not been updated - emails are automated - perhaps the dealer had not submitted the warrantee claims for that month

Thanks Bob, appreciate that. The Service History in the MyT App on my phone records TSR XGG08 as being carried out on the 9th. I think I'll sit back and wait to see what happens. At least the radar system appears to be working correctly, both in speed variation in cruise control and in throwing out the anchor in a slow moving queue when a young girl ran out to a traffic island just in front of me. Most impressive.

Car to be inspected next Wed. Will report findings. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links