Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Seat Comfort

jimbarrel

I am looking at buying a Aygo  mk1 or mk2 are the front seats comfortable on longer journeys 

We have a 2016 second generation and for us, the seats are fine.

• Like 1

My 2008 seats are surprisingly good. I do need a good seat to be comfortable

Yes, they are comfy. I have a 2014 mk2 and done long trips e.g. North Wales to Edinburgh, without any discomfort.

I've had a 2008 Mk1 and now have a 2020 Mk2 and, for me (and others based on what I've read), the Mk2 seats are more comfortable than the Mk1 seats.

Having said that the Mk2 seats are a straight swap into a Mk1 also.

• Like 1

Thanks I had a try of a Mk1 yesterday and the front seats did seem abit hard

The front seats seem a bit firm at first but, after a long run, they are fine not causing me any aches and pains or dead leg or numb bum.

• Like 1

My 21 plate seats are quite good even after a long run they are firm which may help

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, PetrolDave said:

I've had a 2008 Mk1 and now have a 2020 Mk2 and, for me (and others based on what I've read), the Mk2 seats are more comfortable than the Mk1 seats.

Having said that the Mk2 seats are a straight swap into a Mk1 also.

Hi Dave

Is it a simple job to swap the seats from mk2 front seats into a  mk1 Aygo car thanks

Bolt wise it is a torx type head so you may need to buy the correct tool.

The hardest part for an inexperienced person is disconcerting the airbag loom from the floor to the seat safely.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, planc said:

The hardest part for an inexperienced person is disconnecting the airbag loom from the floor to the seat safely.

Make sure you disconnect the Battery before doing anything on the airbags, the usual advice is to wait 20 minutes before doing anything on the airbag wiring.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Make sure you disconnect the battery before doing anything on the airbags, the usual advice is to wait 20 minutes before doing anything on the airbag wiring.

And have a knowledge on how to disconnect the plug without damaging it.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, jimbarrel said:

I am looking at buying a Aygo  mk1 or mk2 are the front seats comfortable on longer journeys 

We have a 2013 mk1 and often drive the 250ish miles from Prestatyn in North Wales to North Walsham in Norfolk. I do 150ish miles to Grantham, have half hour break then back on the road for the last 150ish miles. I arrive OK and I do have a lower spinal problem, I do have constant pain but it's no worse following the journey. The seats are fine for us but I hear the mk2 seats are better.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dartrader1997 said:

The seats are fine for us but I hear the mk2 seats are better.

I have an old (23 years ago) lower back injury and having owned a Mk1 and a Mk2 can confirm that the Mk2 seats are better for me.

• Like 2

We have similar Peugeot 107 (Mk1) and 108 (Mk2) in the family and agree the Mk2 seats are more substantial and bigger bolsters. Also you get driver's seat height adjustment on Mk2 which may help. Ours do mostly local journeys, but our 107 been fine when doing a few hours driving. 

If you are looking at both Mk1 and Mk2 there are quite a few other improvements on the Mk2, so depending on your budget, if you can push to a Mk2 then it worth the extra imho, that was position we were in few years ago a late model Mk1 or early Mk2, glad we got our 108, seats n all.

As mentioned already heard of a few Mk1 owners who have fitted Mk2 seats so that is also an option.

• Like 2

Any more opinions on the mk1 seat comfort on long journeys would be a great help 

On 6/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, dartrader1997 said:

We have a 2013 mk1 and often drive the 250ish miles from Prestatyn in North Wales to North Walsham in Norfolk. I do 150ish miles to Grantham, have half hour break then back on the road for the last 150ish miles. I arrive OK and I do have a lower spinal problem, I do have constant pain but it's no worse following the journey. The seats are fine for us but I hear the mk2 seats are better.

Amazing, I had a new Aygo as a courtesy car while my RAV4 was in getting a software update, and couldn't imagine doing that length of journey in it. I only did a couple of miles around town in it right enough 😮

My wife was due to do some training in Bridport, and then another event up in Belper. We used the Aygo as parking was tight where we were staying in Bridport. Did the 160 mile journey from Birmingham to Bridport (two up with luggage), then a couple of days later the 210 mile journey to Belper, and after a further three days, the 40 mile return to home.

Absolutely no problem with seat comfort, or the Aygo's ability to cope with the motorway, A-roads, etc.

Previously she did a 12 month course (one weekend a month) near Kettering. Used the i20 for the outward/return journeys on Saturday and Sunday mornings and the Aygo for the same journeys in the late afternoons. So 250 miles for each car over each weekend. Again no issue.

Not everyone has a Rav4.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

My wife was due to do some training in Bridport, and then another event up in Belper. We used the Aygo as parking was tight where we were staying in Bridport. Did the 160 mile journey from Birmingham to Bridport (two up with luggage), then a couple of days later the 210 mile journey to Belper, and after a further three days, the 40 mile return to home.

Absolutely no problem with seat comfort, or the Aygo's ability to cope with the motorway, A-roads, etc.

Previously she did a 12 month course (one weekend a month) near Kettering. Used the i20 for the outward/return journeys on Saturday and Sunday mornings and the Aygo for the same journeys in the late afternoons. So 250 miles for each car over the weekend. Again no issue.

Not everyone has a Rav4.

Amazing, always took the Aygo to be a city car. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

My Aygo is my only car and I regularly use it for trips between Wiltshire and Northamptonshire, despite my long standing back injury I never feel any discomfort after those trips.

• Like 2

I also have back problems so I stop after 45 minutes to get out of the car it seems to be the firm seats that helps its more pleasant now I don't have to stand for a few minutes to get my back straight lol

On 6/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, Hybrid21 said:

Personally, I think the last version of mark2 is better on longer trips than in city driving.

In the city the gearbox annoys me. Seats are still ok on mid long trips though. 

I would say, how I feel about the car, the seats are Peugeot chosen and delivered and it's a good thing the engine was Japanese + seats were French.  

• Like 1

I take it the front seats are the same in the 107 and C1 as the mk1 Aygo