Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl to T27 2009

avetoy

I would like to have drl to my 2009 Avensis and I think I could install them by myself. But before I start, here is few questions for her/him who has perhaps done that job:

Is the harness in 2009 model the same as 2012, meaning is there a place for drl relay too in older model? What about day light sensor? 

Of course I could use extra relays etc to make drl working but if there were possible to use car´s own wiring to help...

I would be grateful for any information!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avetoy said:

I would like to have drl to my 2009 Avensis and I think I could install them by myself. But before I start, here is few questions for her/him who has perhaps done that job:

Is the harness in 2009 model the same as 2012, meaning is there a place for drl relay too in older model? What about day light sensor? 

Of course I could use extra relays etc to make drl working but if there were possible to use car´s own wiring to help...

I would be grateful for any information!

tbh i would sy it more bother than worth as maybe need new lights on switches as im guessing might not be as handy as that plus maybe run down the Battery quicker tbh im thinking going into my techsteam software and turning my ones off as tbh dont think they do much only run down my Battery. also i have my lights on to auto so they come on when it gets dark do u have that option on the 09 model im guessing the dlr maybe wired in threw that some way 

I am with 2009joe by not bothering with DRL modification. I checked the owners manual (2009 MY) and DRL's were available in some markets. When I last checked my lights, the wiring is not available and the headlight unit might need changing. You will need to get everything from a scrap car - wiring loom and parts.   

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies so far!

19 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

DRL's were available in some markets

I know, and that is why I´m wondering if Toyota would have used different wiring harnesses.

I do have an other Avensis (2012) with drl and probably different harness because it is facelift model, so I won´t bother to compare those.

Maybe it would be easier to use some relays, daylight sensor, etc to make drl work.

What about the benefits, why bother?

In my case it is just the look and joy of doing something. Challenging yourself...

On 6/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, avetoy said:

Thanks for the replies so far!

I know, and that is why I´m wondering if Toyota would have used different wiring harnesses.

I do have an other Avensis (2012) with drl and probably different harness because it is facelift model, so I won´t bother to compare those.

Maybe it would be easier to use some relays, daylight sensor, etc to make drl work.

What about the benefits, why bother?

In my case it is just the look and joy of doing something. Challenging yourself...

Hi, if you like to install a good drl do not bother with car original installation or wire harness. Just buy drl and add a control unit straight to the Battery and connect a wires to the side lights. Doing so the drl comes on life when engine starts and dimm or completely off when you turn the side lights or headlights, exactly as it should be if the car came with drl from the factory. Here what I have installed on my dads car and these are great, very bright and works perfectly fine after 3 years. 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313670500354?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FsnPeSsSSsu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255033939799?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-sMsd06HSDa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips Tony!

I still want the daylight sensor so the drl would be automatic. And I would use round lights to make them fit in place of the fog lights (I never use the fog lights). One other thing: I want the side lights to be on with drl. It is possible by the law here.

• Like 1