Lawnmowerman

10 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Closer view of the inserted piece.

ABA596F2-6AE8-4946-BB34-EAD6E96DB674.jpeg

How does it attach to the car ?

Did You buy the 40x34x27,5 cm size ?

1 minute ago, HSDish said:

Ernie....do you know the diameter of your revised model?

14 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Yes

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Ernie....do you know the diameter of your revised model?

I added 20cm (8 inches) into mine.

If I was doing it again, I’d probably add slightly more on the section that fits to the car and slightly less at the other end. 
However, that said it does work and protects from the rain, snow and muck getting into the plug area. For example we recently had a deposit of thick dust from the Sahara during a rain storm and the area under the cover was the only bit clean on the car.

• Like 2

The size of the flap is disproportionate to cable plug and so much bigger that other manufactures. It’s smaller on the BZ4x. I’d hope that any significant revamp of the RAV PHEV might well reduce the size. Mind you that would mean a different rear panel and flap etc., but it is a pain as it is and so easy uncovered to knock it and force the hinges further than it was designed for. The cover does tie the flap to the cable but again a shame that there is dedicated Toyota cover for this model.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

The size of the flap is disproportionate to cable plug and so much bigger that other manufactures. It’s smaller on the BZ4x. I’d hope that any significant revamp of the RAV PHEV might well reduce the size. Mind you that would mean a different rear panel and flap etc., but it is a pain as it is and so easy uncovered to knock it and force the hinges further than it was designed for. The cover does tie the flap to the cable but again a shame that there is dedicated Toyota cover for this model.

But it makes for a handy airbrake or an adversary motor vehicle thwacker.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

I added 20cm (8 inches) into mine.

If I was doing it again, I’d probably add slightly more on the section that fits to the car and slightly less at the other end. 
However, that said it does work and protects from the rain, snow and muck getting into the plug area. For example we recently had a deposit of thick dust from the Sahara during a rain storm and the area under the cover was the only bit clean on the car.

To be honest I'd to happy with just another 2 inches. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick72 said:

But it makes for a handy airbrake or an adversary motor vehicle thwacker.

Air brake, well that would only work one sided as only the petrol flap can be operated from inside the car. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

To be honest I'd to happy with just another 2 inches. 

I know just the device 😁😁😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ernieb said:

The size of the flap on our former Prius 2018 PHV was much smaller though the same socket/cable plug size

• 2 weeks later...

So, on Wednesday after a month's wait the flap was to be changed.

How did it go?

Me: I am to get a courtesy car.

Dealer: Driving licence please.

Me: I don't have it with me. No one asked me to bring it.

Dealer: We need your licence for insurance.

Me: Well I don't have it so we will need to re-schedule - can I have my keys please.

Dealer: Sorry, see you tomorrow.

At 12:30 my mobile rings - it is the dealer.

Dealer The two parts we needed - only one has arrived. It'll be another month before it arrives.

I'm speechless - sigh.................

Hope it didn't put you in a flap William 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lawnmowerman said:

So, on Wednesday after a month's wait the flap was to be changed.

How did it go?

Me: I am to get a courtesy car.

Dealer: Driving licence please.

Me: I don't have it with me. No one asked me to bring it.

Dealer: We need your licence for insurance.

Me: Well I don't have it so we will need to re-schedule - can I have my keys please.

Dealer: Sorry, see you tomorrow.

At 12:30 my mobile rings - it is the dealer.

Dealer The two parts we needed - only one has arrived. It'll be another month before it arrives.

Pathetic, I can understand the driving licence but not checking that all the required parts had arrived before booking you in is very poor.

Probably a case of they didn't order the other part, or they shouldn't have booked the car in.

When I took the car in initially it was just a visual examination by the Service Manager.

On Wednesday they didn't even get to look at it.

@Lawnmower man, I'm new to Toyota and have taken their service contract who do you think is best, Parks or Corrie's?

I used Parks for the recent recall and they were OK except impossible to get the service dept. on the phone so I had to go in person to book the appointment.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, Lawnmowerman said:

Very poor. The majority of my day is spent looking at what is coming through the service department in the coming days, and if parts are not available, ensuring the customer is rescheduled, a combination of my age and actually giving a ***** I suppose 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Very poor. The majority of my day is spent looking at what is coming through the service department in the coming days, and if parts are not available, ensuring the customer is rescheduled, a combination of my age and actually giving a ***** I suppose 🙄

I had a service guy like that at my Skoda dealers, a joy to work with. He took the trouble to remember your name and always seemed to have your cars service history to hand. On my last Yeti he called me when I expected the service to have been completed and said they had spotted a small weep of oil from the transfer box, he’d ordered a replacement one for overnight delivery and would I be happy to keep the loan car overnight and pick up my car the next evening at close of play. The car was a month from the end of it’s 3 year warranty. What a star, but sadly so many service guys today do not appear to understand the cars only how to process paperwork and though the computer systems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZZYGY said:

@Lawnmower man, I'm new to Toyota and have taken their service contract who do you think is best, Parks or Corrie's?

I used Parks for the recent recall and they were OK except impossible to get the service dept. on the phone so I had to go in person to book the appointment.

Never used Corrie Motors. Preferred to try Park's (worked for them in Hamilton/Coatbridge with the Nissan franchise - my mate worked for them as BMW Service Manager). Not my favourite company (to work for) but as they have full Toyota approval and having bought my PHEV there I'll stick with them.

Having been After Sales manager for years and knowing the inside track it is frustrating when basics aren't followed. They just pursue the ££££'s without considering the long game. This is dictated by Head Office of course - but no reason not to develop your dealership locally.

C'est la vie. Good luck with whoever you choose.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Parts-King said:

I told you mate you're a literal diamond in the rough!! I can count on one hand the number of Toyota personnel I've dealt with over the years that had customer service levels as good as yours!

I just wish I could send more business your way but the 8 hour round trip is a bit more than i can do! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Car was due in yesterday to have the flap repaired. How did it go?

I was called on Friday to say the part had not yet arrived and they would call me on Monday - they didn't 😒.

Called in today whilst in Inverness. Ah, part not in and waiting to speak to Parts Manager (he was off yesterday). They were told another 2 months but wanted to check with the P. Manager before calling me - 🤷‍♂️.

That would be 4 months if it indeed becomes available then.

Is Toyota's system really this bad for communicating availability?

1 hour ago, Lawnmowerman said:

That would be 4 months if it indeed becomes available then

William.....how is that flap holding up? Any worse?

Seems crazy that what looks like a a couple of minor parts could take so long. They can't blame semiconductor shortages for this.