Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


engine


 Share

Recommended Posts

hi..

i have a avensis business edition, it has started rattling on the bottom half, my mechanic says i would be better getting another engine, the engine i have is a t27...variant ; wwt271 (w)

it is a 1995cc, just wondering if i can put a 1998cc in, as struggling to find a 1995cc one..

Thanks 

Russ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the dreaded BMW 2WW and its 1995cc - it's the injectors that kill these engines

depending on the year, you're looking at £2-3K+ supply and fit for a used engine and around the same sort of money just for a remanufacturing your engine if not more, a set of injectors will set you back £1000+ and is a warranty  condition of most engine builders

If you are in the UK give Lee or John a call at Barum Engines (based in Barnstable) if they can't help he may know someone that can

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's the dreaded BMW 2WW and its 1995cc - it's the injectors that kill these engines

depending on the year, you're looking at £2-3K+ supply and fit for a used engine and around the same sort of money just for a remanufacturing your engine if not more, a set of injectors will set you back £1000+ and is a warranty  condition of most engine builders

If you are in the UK give Lee or John a call at Barum Engines (based in Barnstable) if they can't help he may know someone that can

would you be able to put in a the 1ADFTV 2.0 engines in these new shape cars .do you think. by the chance how many miles was on the engine now cant believe those engines go already as there the new shape engine out 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BRANSTYMATTY said:

hi..

i have a avensis business edition, it has started rattling on the bottom half, my mechanic says i would be better getting another engine, the engine i have is a t27...variant ; wwt271 (w)

it is a 1995cc, just wondering if i can put a 1998cc in, as struggling to find a 1995cc one..

Thanks 

Russ..

many miles on that car would toyota not fix it sure its the newer shape out its not old for god sake thats bad 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2WW is 14/15 on, usually used as cabs at a guess it's over the 100k miles, 2016 makes it 5-6 years old

electrical and ecu are different, possibly the gearbox as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this car have any service history? never heard of bottom end problems but oil consumption can be high even at 50000 mls. Also the correct specification of oil must be used, if its been serviced by Toyota I would chase them for a new engine. I don't think any other engine would fit as they are totally different units. I have used Toyotas as taxis and they have never had the oil consumption problems my 2WW engine has. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimtaxi said:

Does this car have any service history? never heard of bottom end problems but oil consumption can be high even at 50000 mls. Also the correct specification of oil must be used, if its been serviced by Toyota I would chase them for a new engine. I don't think any other engine would fit as they are totally different units. I have used Toyotas as taxis and they have never had the oil consumption problems my 2WW engine has. 

what ones u used for taxi was it the t27 2010 up for taxis i got a 2014 one with dpf did you by chance have one of those how many miles you get with it and did it ever give any bother also with the dpf tbh i dont do many miles my one has 48k on the clock now a 2014 i got it think id say 2 years ago with 38k 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Used T25 2.2 and T27 2.0 as taxis T25 did 240000 mls the T27 did 184000 mls no excessive oil consumption and no clutch changes. My current Avensis with the 2WW engine uses about 4 lts every 5000 mls.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimtaxi said:

Used T25 2.2 and T27 2.0 as taxis T25 did 240000 mls the T27 did 184000 mls no excessive oil consumption and no clutch changes. My current Avensis with the 2WW engine uses about 4 lts every 5000 mls.

U like it r maybe better get rid of it for one of the last ones with the 1adftv engine late 2014 early 2015 think still made the ones with the 1adftv engine before changing that's good miles with the 2.2d4d everyone said to me they give bother with engine more than the 2.0d4d engine . I always like chatting with taxi guys as they know how good cars are and what one 2 get so don't give bother .but that's brave different in miles with the 2.2 and 2.0 did the engine finally go out at that miles 184

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jimtaxi said:

Used T25 2.2 and T27 2.0 as taxis T25 did 240000 mls the T27 did 184000 mls no excessive oil consumption and no clutch changes. My current Avensis with the 2WW engine uses about 4 lts every 5000 mls.

If it’s me I will swap that car for Auris/Corolla hybrid estate, much better cars. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership