Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Dynamic Backup (Reversing) Camera - Available on UK Yaris Hybrid?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

My Wife changed her 2012 RAV 4 for the Yaris Hybrid and has only just noticed that the reversing camera display doesnt show the yellow lines. The Yellow lines show wheel orientation into the parking zone.

I have found a couple of youtube videos where owners have been able to access this via a secret menu, but they have American accents and thus probably US Toyotas.

image.thumb.png.c23eaea1f7c1a8d03dde6d45e7cb7bf7.png

or in the image as above.

Anyone with their Yaris able to advise if their dealer has enabled this for them?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nope and the video is of a US toyota too

use the camera and reverse sensors (if fitted) tbh the yaris is a smallish car, mirrors should be enough

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

nope and the video is of a US toyota too

use the camera and reverse sensors (if fitted) tbh the yaris is a smallish car, mirrors should be enough

Thats a shame. She has no issues reversing or parking - just got used to those yellow lines in verytight spots.

Thanks though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think the Mk4 supports that at all sadly; I would have liked them too - It would have been helpful with the bad rear visibility the car has; I still get it wrong sometimes as the flare of the rear wheel arches throws me off :laugh: 

The vertical lines in the reverse camera don't even line up with the lines of the car - I'm not sure what they are supposed to indicate, as if you line them up with the kerb you'll be nearly a foot away from the kerb!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have thought it was just software, as in the US videos it doesnt seem like they were enabled by default. I cant image that this would require any hardware other than wheel tracking.

It wont be too bad for me when I get mine, but coming from an IQ3 to a larger car I would have taken all the help reverse parking I could get - the Mrs is a natural already 😄

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a simple reverse camera even without any lines is still much of a help in comparison to only sensors or nothing at all. The biggest advantage of having a camera is when you reverse out of driveways or tiny spots with reduced visibility, the camera has a wide angle view and gives a good picture of what is going on around, plus if any children or pets are behind the car and not able to see them in the rear view mirror. The lines in question can be more confusing than of any help. They tend to take away realistic feelings from driving experience. Stationary lines or no lines at all for me. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My BiL demonstrated the yellow lines some years ago.  He said how it would show of an obstruction was in the way.  It worked, there was, and he drove into the hedge.  😁

Interestingly the variable yellow lines will feature in the Yaris Cross with the City Pack and the Touch 2 Go screen.  The newer Yaris Cross smart connect will not have this feature. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Just a simple reverse camera even without any lines is still much of a help in comparison to only sensors or nothing at all. The biggest advantage of having a camera is when you reverse out of driveways or tiny spots with reduced visibility, the camera has a wide angle view and gives a good picture of what is going on around, plus if any children or pets are behind the car and not able to see them in the rear view mirror. The lines in question can be more confusing than of any help. They tend to take away realistic feelings from driving experience. Stationary lines or no lines at all for me. 👍

In the Mk4 the reversing camera is literally essential - I've never owned a car with such a useless rear window :laugh: 

Between the narrowness, the gigantic C-pillars and the head rests, it may as well not be there! There could be a battlemech behind you and you probably wouldn't notice! :laugh:  This is the first car I've been in where I honestly felt they could have put in a digital rearview mirror and it would have been an improvement :laugh:  (And that's really saying something, as I'm usually massively opposed to the replacement of mirrors with digital displays!)

 

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

My BiL demonstrated the yellow lines some years ago.  He said how it would show of an obstruction was in the way.  It worked, there was, and he drove into the hedge.  😁

Interestingly the variable yellow lines will feature in the Yaris Cross with the City Pack and the Touch 2 Go screen.  The newer Yaris Cross smart connect will not have this feature. 

 

That reminds me when I was trying to show off the AEB to a work colleague - What we learned is that a bush is invisible to radar... :unsure::laugh: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership