Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delivery Issues

Empty Sea

How long dowes it take for a new BZ4X to get from Portbury to my dealership? My new car arrived in the UK at the end of May (2022), but despite my 'MyT' app telling me that 'The wait is almost over', when I contact Toyota Online, I am told delivery is due in August! Apparently the car has to undergo various tests - including an 'emissions test' - which is a curious requirement for an all-electirc car. Can anyone shed any light on what would seem a completely unacceptable timescale?

If the RAV4 is anything to go by ... the car may hang around waiting for transport to Burnaston for up to a couple of weeks. The various tests and UK 'customisation' is carried out at Toyota's factory in Burnaston which shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks but will depend on the volumes of vehicles being moved through. The bZ4X is 'new' so that may add a little delay. It then waits for a transport to your dealer, the dealer conducts the PDI etc., so maybe another week depending on how busy the dealer is.

I'd hope that a car arriving in Portbury at the end of May would reach the customer some time in July - June would seem unlikely; early August is not impossible.

• Like 1

Thanks, Philip - your insight is very helpful - perhaps whoever wrote/designed the tracking content of the 'MyT' app needs to be more realistic in the given timescales - and perhaps add a 'testing at Burnaston' stage?

• Like 1

You are dealing with worldwide logistics, nothing is set in stone, the dates are ETA's, best estimates, but things can and do push dates back, especially when car vehicle has to come half way round the world, and in a time where parts shortages and shipping delays abound. The delays after the car gets to the UK come from backlogs of cars arriving at depot with extras that need fitting, that can add several weeks if they are really busy. 

June is when the first cars hit the road in the UK - Portbury - Burnaston - Dealer may take 3-4 weeks as it's a new model it will take time to get the staff up to speed eg. training, ect

I had the same concern, looks like mine was on the same ship. I phoned my dealer in the end and gave them the order number from the MyT app, their system showed the car arriving with them 23rd June. 
I phoned up Toyota Online who told me it was still on the ship from Japan, despite MyT showing it in UK. Gave them a bit of a polite talking to about how their systems should all show the same status, they called back next day to confirm with dealer 23rd. 
Not impressed with the customer service from Toyota Online so far. 

As these are the first UK production deliveries I would guess that they may be subjected to a UK type approval conformance test. I don't mean doing a WLTP test or anything but checking the physical aspects of the car against it's declared specification.

Having emailed Toyota Buy Online for clarification about delivery timescales, I received a very helpful reply today which, similar to Paul's above, estimates that my car should arrive at my local dealership by 22nd June. The comment was made that: "The vehicle order tracker in the myT app does tend to be accurate and would offer the best updates in terms of monitoring your vehicle progress."  

• Like 1

Now all you need is your dealer to confirm how long their turnaround is going to be. Mine is on their BZ4x training tomorrow so won’t commit to an answer until after that. 

I visited my local dealership and they have a bZ4X demonstrator. Today (9th June) is the first day they are allowed to have it on the road. It was certainly very impressive to see it in real life. 

20220608_093810.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just at my dealer at the moment waiting for a test drive. They’ve just told me they were told by Toyota my Premier delivery date to them is now 11th August, was 23rd June on Monday when I phoned Toyota. 
MyT is showing the car in their Burnaston factory so looks like I’m phoning Toyota on Monday. 

We placed our order a week ago following the test drive. Dealer informed me delivery would be July. A few weeks before I spoke to Toyota corporate and was told that official delivery times for cars ordered in June was indeed July & August. 

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

We placed our order a week ago following the test drive. Dealer informed me delivery would be July. A few weeks before I spoke to Toyota corporate and was told that official delivery times for cars ordered in June was indeed July & August. 

My concern is I pre ordered back in February and my car arrived at the Burnaston factory in Derby at the end of May, which means it’s taking them over 70 days to get it ready. 
Dealer is also chasing as the hope is it’s just a system problem. 
I did order the protection pack for the car but I really hope it’s not been delayed 2 months for them to get and fit mudguards. 

I think with my PHEV the protection pack was fitted at the dealers.

• Like 1

Just spoken to Toyota Online about the shift from 27th June to 10th August. 
After some investigation they’ve called back to say the BZ4X are having to go through additional pre-delivery checks. 
I did question why the dealer demonstration models managed to get delivered so quickly, but they didn’t have an answer to that (suspect they didn’t want to say they prioritised them to get models in front of customers). 

Dealers demo's are priority and get delivered a month or so earlier than general release, you wouldn't expect to go into the dealer and them not have one to show you or test drive. It is standard practice across the motor trade

• Like 1

My Sterling Silver Premier Edition has a dealer ETA of the 28th with an early July handover. 

I think it's reasonable and completely in line with all communication at the point of reservations. Deliveries were always quoted as early summer. 

I placed my reservation as soon as Toyota emailed to say they were open. 

Heard a rumour on a Facebook group that Toyota UK will be making an announcement tomorrow about the reasons for the delay in pre-delivery inspections and that it’s not a critical issue. 

I received an unprompted call from my dealer and updated me on the order. Deliver date for my vehicle is 4th of August. So moved from "July" unspecified to August and obviously i am not holding my breath that the date may change. 

Not an issue for me. Gives me a bit more time to get my home charging sorted. Thank fully I followed one of the electricians advise and carried out an electrical survey which highlighted that I also need to update / upgrade my consumer unit. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links