Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted a Bug Deflector

ernieb

Fitted a Bug Deflector to my PHEV this morning it remains to be seen how effective it is but I will report back.  I got it at a good price awhile back and have been waiting for the weather to improve so I can attach the helicopter tape. (Protects the bonnet from rubbing and where the clips sit)

Managed to drop a couple of screw parts even though I’d taken precautions they seem loss in the engine bay(?) somewhere. Try as I might I can not locate them, I’ve made sure they are not anywhere critical.

A11E457E-9D91-4B87-8576-8AE9C1BC6F39.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Managed to drop a couple of screw parts even though I’d taken precautions they seem loss in the engine bay(?) somewhere. Try as I might I can not locate them, I’ve made sure they are not anywhere critical.

Fallen through the gap in the time space continuum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

Fallen through the gap in the time space continuum.

Very likely and I was being careful and had the engine bay covered. However, the sunny day got very cloudy and it started to rain I dashed and in a twinkle the plastic insert and screw were gone. As you say some Alien is sitting there wondering where these parts came from. 👽

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Fitted a Bug Deflector to my PHEV this morning it remains to be seen how effective it is but I will report back.  I got it at a good price awhile back and have been waiting for the weather to improve so I can attach the helicopter tape. (Protects the bonnet from rubbing and where the clips sit)

Ernie ....is that a Toyota part?

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

As long as they don't rattle for evermore 😃

Hopefully they are so small that they will not be a problem and would rattle free but you could be right and the nightmare is only just beginning. They may indeed already have fallen trough to the cover under the engine but I can not access that on my driveway.

Funnily enough was thinking if you had fitted it yet.

I fancy the idea but think I might prefer it to be colour matched.

They come in clear or smoked. I like the smoked version I think it suits the car.

Clear: PZQ15-42110

Smoked: PZQ15-42120 (called Tinted)

Thanks Ernie 👍

How are they ment to deflect bugs. Maybe a silly question, but cannot understand how it works.

• Like 1

The theory is that the air flow is directed over the front screen rather than at it. The improved air flow taking the insects over the car rather than hitting the screen.

• Like 2

Hi Ernie,

Looks good! I am still considering to get on for my MK4, in the smoked version like yours.  On the mk4 it fits right at the front as the bonnet opening is different from the two model year.  Let us know when you have a good drive across country lanes in a warm Sunday afternoon, when all the bugs decide to go for a fly over :D.

I think this version fits the 2018 onwards so maybe there is a different version for a 2017?

Did a longish drive this morning up through the roads around Woburn nothing on the screen but then I wouldn’t know unless I did the same route again having taken it off!

Sounds like a good idea if it saves lots of bugs lives as they are very much needed today and are in decline. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NASY said:

Sounds like a good idea if it saves lots of bugs lives as they are very much needed today and are in decline. 

😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, ernieb said:

Who knew? Never realised such a thing existed. See how you get on. Too cold up here for bugs though so no need for me. 😂 12C at the moment.

• Like 1

It’s 12oC here in very cloudy, wet, Bedfordshire, yesterday it was 32oC!

• Like 1