Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app update

ernieb

I just checked out the MyT app and noticed a new feature (for me) and wonder if anyone knows more about it?

if I open the Unlock Charging Station function it takes me to Connected Services and there I can Activate the function but I don’t know what I’m buying into, anyone already gone through the process?

E714C85E-73E0-4AA6-9AD1-A0D08C64353C.jpeg

I don't have that on mine - it's just not fair! ... 😁

I suspect that it is an addition in preparation for deliveries of the bZ4X where Toyota promise to include a 6 month subscription to an app that provides access to the Toyota charging network - i.e. multiple charging networks all accessible via a Toyota app.

It may do nothing at all for a R4P but you may be able to subscribe ...

I suspect you are correct Philip as I’ve just this minute received an E-mail about the b4ZX speed of charging, free BT box and 6 months free Smart Charging, all I need to do now is buy the car.

• Like 1

I mentioned that in another thread last week when the app was having a wobbly for some folk.

Sorry Nigel, must not have registered.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:33 PM, ernieb said:

I suspect you are correct Philip as I’ve just this minute received an E-mail about the b4ZX speed of charging, free BT box and 6 months free Smart Charging, all I need to do now is buy the car.

I just now spotted this: https://www.toyota.co.uk/electric/toyota-public-charging-network#/

which states:

Access to the network is free for the first six months for the bZ4X, Proace City Electric and Proace Electric. For the RAV4 Plug-in Hybrid it is free for the first month. After this period, the cost is £4.95 per month.

Interesting the system is based around the MyT app. For those of us who’ve had experience of none availability, crashes, missing data that brings a whole new level of confidence in being able to get a charge when you urgently need it. (Let alone the charging station not working, being occupied or deciding on the day that it does not like your credentials)

Not exactly confidence inspiring given the state of MyT at present.

For me it's just an amusement - but it's still galling when trips and associated metrics go missing. It must be rather more irritating for those who rely on specific features of the App.

And it contrasts somewhat with what I understand is the norm for certain other marques - where finding a suitable charging station is integrated into the multimedia system. But I don't suppose that it will matter too much once chargers are as ubiquitous as filling stations ... 🙄

46 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Not exactly confidence inspiring given the state of MyT at present.

For me it's just an amusement - but it's still galling when trips and associated metrics go missing. It must be rather more irritating for those who rely on specific features of the App.

And it contrasts somewhat with what I understand is the norm for certain other marques - where finding a suitable charging station is integrated into the multimedia system. But I don't suppose that it will matter too much once chargers are as ubiquitous as filling stations ... 🙄

But it will still be very useful to know how many charge points are not in use & working on a trip.

21 minutes ago, ColinB said:

But it will still be very useful to know how many charge points are not in use & working on a trip.

True ... but equally I rather assume that the next motorway service station will be open and have fuel. We should, eventually, get to the same state for charge points ... hopefully.

I gave them App feedback saying it was much more a hobby toy than a serious piece of analytics. 

No reply 😁

• Like 1

I’ve given feedback/comments numerous times and never received even an acknowledgement that they had got the comment. Even if it was an automated reply you’d have some confidence that the it had actually arrived.

I can't see a definitive list of UK network partners for the Toyota scheme. There are many apps or cards that cover multiple networks, some with a monthly fee, others with a small add-on for the charging rate, others free.

I'm an Octopus customer and they have their own similar version, which has an app and card, called Electric Juice. It's free, you don't need to be with Octopus for energy, the only benefit of being a customer is you can have charges added to your energy bill instead of linking a card.

The problem with all of these is they only cover the networks they have partnered with, there is no one card/app fits all that I'm aware of. EJ seems to cover most that are on the Toyota list with a notable exception that Toyota work with Instavolt where EJ doesn't. But as Instavolt don't have Type 2 connectors, not much use to us PHEVies.

I have very minimal use of public chargers, except free ones (twice in 6 months) so won't be paying £4.95 a month for the privilege, I'll stick to my freebie account. 

Seems it is aimed more at full BEVs and the BZ4X.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a first, never seen an apology before…

2B0AE1AE-AC8E-4007-BB56-22A8F4690B4C.png

• Like 1

No problems logging in today but it has currently lost the last 4 business trips this afternoon. Hopefully they'll appear in due course. They are only 20/25 miles each so not the over 2000 event issue.

nlee, I did 4 segments yesterday.  The first 3 were available when I got home, the 4th some time later. 

As an aside, consumption in this warm weather is in the 70s.  With my last fill at 1 91.9 it is welcome.

1.8 Corolla 

• Like 1

As an aside my service has recently shown on the app. Don't know when (and to date the After sales manager hadn't had a response from Toyota - poor show).

125AA4BF-FC26-48FB-B15E-18E1B858E7F3.thumb.png.f45b8a2d8881ddf20129369174de443d.png

I can use the App to Send to Car and managed to use My Toyota on the computer once.  I cannot find it again and the App does not allow me to select a point on the map. 

How do I use the computer to Send to Car? 

Well I don't have any trips recorded anymore. Just checked on the App. Got some warning message on logging in with the App.

Main thing for me if checking charge state, find my car. The rest is just a bonus of it works.

10 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

As an aside my service has recently shown on the app. Don't know when (and to date the After sales manager hadn't had a response from Toyota - poor show).

125AA4BF-FC26-48FB-B15E-18E1B858E7F3.thumb.png.f45b8a2d8881ddf20129369174de443d.png

Mine has also popped up in the MyT app, I also noticed that  around the time I picked up the car they said an accessory was fitted and ‘ customer data removed’. No accessory was fitted it just seems like a place holder to add the note, I’m not at all sure what data they are referring too.

5BFA79E5-5137-4E16-8B0E-6D6D381DAC10.jpeg

I looked closer at my trip history for Mon & Tues. I did quite a few short trips visiting local work sites. On Monday I did 10 individual trips. Trip 2 and 4 missing. On Tuesday I did 6 trips. Trip 2, 4, 5 & 6 all missing. However, it knew my car location was at home at the end of the day so must assume I teleported!

Think I need to accept it's a completely useless function.

• Like 1

I've teleported around 43 miles on one day...

Just looked at the post Philip made about the '23 RAV4 features I noted with interest,

"The user experience is seamless with the accompanying MyT smartphone app"

Good luck with that is all I'd say.

• Like 2

Can't get much more seamless than that. 

At A enter destination B. Poof you're there. 

Just now, Roy124 said:

Can't get much more seamless than that. 

At A enter destination B. Poof you're there. 

I guess that’s how Toyota claim the 265mpg. Maybe a new ‘Back to the Future’ film with a Toyota RAV4 as the ️ star.

All my trips from Monday appeared this morning and one more from Tuesday (the last one). Just waiting for the others.

As these delayed trips are in the middle of other that have appeared, it suggests to me it nothing to do with the car or phone signal but more likely in Toyota's backend systems.

As an aside, I thought I'd check again this afternoon and I'm getting the almost monthly "we can't log you in" situation again!