Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratch remover

Shootgun

Courtesy of the bin man now I have a few scratches on the front passenger’s door… 

One of the smart repairers quoted me £404 , but no way I’ll pay that.

Anyone know of a good scratch remover product? I’m aware that is not going to look like new, but at least make it look better….

B547E282-6B5F-4B69-B664-3D0AE1BF54D9.thumb.jpeg.e7ac7936c689b83b704c9d889645fd5f.jpegBB057E23-D2F3-4616-9429-F4B9079DB957.thumb.jpeg.f8f2b783cdb2fcee7112b71db3e4d761.jpeg7C987DC8-1F9C-41F7-B450-C845B4AAD2A9.thumb.jpeg.a03efab0cc4fad68fa6aa5b5f3c87231.jpeg6BFD528E-9ECE-43AC-9281-57B1998977BD.thumb.jpeg.1078da8c81b74a7470a666be319ab634.jpeg

If you can catch with your fingernail, it's too deep and needs to be prepped and painted, i would only use a very mild cutting compound like Farecla G10 or 3M ultrafina SE (Blue)

• Like 1

I used this on a small scuff on the front of mine. It hasn't cleared it fully, it's too deep I think but it made it look better and less noticeable.

https://www.autoglym.com/scratch-removal-complete-kit

I've got the smart protect insurance with the car so I need to get them out when I get round to it. I can't recall if it's £25 or £50 per job with the insurance.

Nigel....is your smart insurance through the dealer?...do you know which insurance company and smart repairer they use?

I have the Smart insurance on my Mk4; Already used it once, guy did a fantastic job have to say.

The company was Shine! and the excess was £10 IIRC

17 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I have the Smart insurance on my Mk4; Already used it once, guy did a fantastic job have to say.

The company was Shine! and the excess was £10 IIRC

Hi Cyker (as I don't know what else your name actually isn't 😊)

I thought Shine were the repairers, do you know what the insurance company is?

Cheers 

Cyker is fine :laugh: I'm from an era where using real names on the Internet was a big no-no for safety reasons, and continue to think so (If anything more so these days with all the data-harvesting that goes on! :eek: ) - I just put Moo in the name field originally but then some people actually thought that was my real name  (Or just called me that as a wind-up, not sure which :laugh: ) so I amended it :laugh: 

The policy PDF seems to show AutoProtect, Red Sands and Aioi Nissay Dowa as the operators/underwriters.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The policy PDF seems to show AutoProtect, Red Sands and Aioi Nissay Dowa as the operators/underwriters.

Basically Toyota's underwriters then from there website

Our other subsidiary is Toyota Insurance Management (TIM) and provides Toyota's insurance expertise.

G3 is very course and the clear on modern cars is thin, you will end up with strike through if not very careful

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Nigel....is your smart insurance through the dealer?...do you know which insurance company and smart repairer they use?

It was. It's Club Smart Guard.

This isn't the Toyota one, it's one that Inchcape partner with, I believe.

• Thanks 1