Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


My experience with Fitcamx OME dashcam for my Toyota Corolla 2019


Recommended Posts

Today I installed my new Fitcamx dash cam for my Toyota Corolla 2019.

After doing deep research about the best dash cam which can fit my car without wiring and affecting the driver's vision( OME look).

I have found this excellent dash cam, which I installed in 1 minute! I didn’t need to go to a car's electrician to fit the dash cam as it is very easy to install by anyone with no previous experience like me!

The dash cam records videos in 4k resolution and supports up to 128g (10hrs recording). The cam has 64G memory, but I updated it for 128G ( ordered from Amazon for £16). The recording quality is excellent, and I recommend it to anyone.

I ordered this dash cam from AliExpress ($168). it has arrived within ten days.

Any questions I am happy to answer 

BB4A2929-8F26-4CFE-BEB1-219C9B1CC00B.jpeg

CFEFB577-1AF8-436B-955B-F7C0F26791D1.jpeg

08FD9E57-2F39-4DFE-9CA2-4E0C51DB5A74.jpeg

9A43B1DC-9372-421B-AEC0-80718463AC71.jpeg

E1DC8F16-985C-4F69-86E5-1EE8AC527A1F.jpeg

1B69E8EA-CE0A-44C9-BC74-B3A267044ABC.jpeg

48437320-1734-411A-BA9F-C25F285A4E0D.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ameer O said:

 

After doing deep research about the best dash cam which can fit my car without wiring and affecting the driver's vision( OME look).

I have found this excellent dash cam, which I installed in 1 minute! I didn’t need to go to a car's electrician to fit the dash cam as it is very easy to install by anyone with no previous experience like me!

 

Where did you pick the power up? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DC_Ms, that is excellent and shows just what a good piece of kit that is.  Thank you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks interesting.

The power seems to piggy back off the ACC power connector. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A broader question, what does the camera record? 

I have tried several cameras that record only the image and time stamp.  The automatic lock feature on this is good but on a different make the preceding recorded section is also locked. 

On that other camera GPS data of speed and location are recorded along with the g forces which are also useful in any defence (or prosecution 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

Brilliant , thanks for sharing.

Each Toyota model has a different one to fit ?

Yes they have dash cam which fit each Toyota model and year. You can find them on Amazon but I would recommend AliExpress as the price is much better.

Here is the link
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vCCVyO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bozz said:

Looks interesting.

The power seems to piggy back off the ACC power connector. 

No the power is from the mirror power supply. The dash cam comes with a triple head cable which will enable you to share the power with the mirror power without any wire cut. Just plug and play in few second!

you can see the fill details here

US $168.00 | DVR for Toyota Corolla E210 12th Gen HatchandSedan Altis,Fitcamx Dash Cam 4K for Corolla Cross 2022,for Suzuki Swace 2021 2022,
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vCCVyO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Where did you pick the power up? 

It is powered from the central mirror power supply. It comes with a special three heads cable which enables sharing the power between the cam and the car mirror without any wire cut. It is a plug and play cable. The  whole  installation of this cam took 1-2 minutes from me and I have no knowledge.

see the full details here

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vNsKFg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bozz said:

Looks interesting.

The power seems to piggy back off the ACC power connector. 

The power comes from the central mirror power supply. The dash cam cones with a three heads cable which enables sharing the power between the car mirror and the dash cam. It is plug and play process no need to any wire cut or anything else just plug and play( took 1-2 minutes from to install everything!)

more details can be found here

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vNsKFg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, Roy124 said:

A broader question, what does the camera record? 

I have tried several cameras that record only the image and time stamp.  The automatic lock feature on this is good but on a different make the preceding recorded section is also locked. 

On that other camera GPS data of speed and location are recorded along with the g forces which are also useful in any defence (or prosecution 😄

It does a video recording of your front view in case you make an accident this recording will be your evidence to save your skin!

there is a mobile app which connects to this dash cam by wifi and can be easily access to any video and download them into your mobile or share with others

with many bad drivers these days , I think this Dashcam is a must for any car.

full details can be found here

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vNsKFg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shame it does not have a speed sensor which would be proof positive* of your speed though analysis could give your speed too. 

* like tracer, it works both ways 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 11:47 AM, Ameer O said:

It does a video recording of your front view in case you make an accident this recording will be your evidence to save your skin!

there is a mobile app which connects to this dash cam by wifi and can be easily access to any video and download them into your mobile or share with others

with many bad drivers these days , I think this dashcam is a must for any car.

full details can be found here

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vNsKFg

That does seem to be a very easily installed fix if you require a dash cam which I personally is almost a must these days.   Even having them fitted can stop a vehicle being selected as a possible target for a crash for cash scam.

My Vantrue S1 adds the time, date, speed, location (in degrees West, East, North or South) and registration of vehicle it is programmed with.  The Vantrue app also shows the route on goggle maps as the video plays and, therefore, also the location of any incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 11:47 AM, Ameer O said:

Today I installed my new Fitcamx dash cam for my Toyota Corolla 2019.

After doing deep research about the best dash cam which can fit my car without wiring and affecting the driver's vision( OME look).

I have found this excellent dash cam, which I installed in 1 minute! I didn’t need to go to a car's electrician to fit the dash cam as it is very easy to install by anyone with no previous experience like me!

The dash cam records videos in 4k resolution and supports up to 128g (10hrs recording). The cam has 64G memory, but I updated it for 128G ( ordered from Amazon for £16). The recording quality is excellent, and I recommend it to anyone.

I ordered this dash cam from AliExpress ($168). it has arrived within ten days.

Any questions I am happy to answer 

BB4A2929-8F26-4CFE-BEB1-219C9B1CC00B.jpeg

CFEFB577-1AF8-436B-955B-F7C0F26791D1.jpeg

08FD9E57-2F39-4DFE-9CA2-4E0C51DB5A74.jpeg

9A43B1DC-9372-421B-AEC0-80718463AC71.jpeg

E1DC8F16-985C-4F69-86E5-1EE8AC527A1F.jpeg

1B69E8EA-CE0A-44C9-BC74-B3A267044ABC.jpeg

48437320-1734-411A-BA9F-C25F285A4E0D.jpeg

Is this only front camera? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The FitcamXs are front-only, yea. They integrate into the mirror sensor pod and wiring so there's no way to connect it to a rear camera, at least not at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 3:17 PM, Hornet3D said:

Even having them fitted can stop a vehicle being selected as a possible target for a crash for cash scam.

I doubt that.  It is the most discrete Dashcam I have seen.  I have a rear cam and that has had an effect on tailgaters. 

Regarding tealeaves powers of observation, there was the case recently of someone breaking into a police car and not noticing the policeman sitting in it. USA IIRC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

The FitcamXs are front-only, yea. They integrate into the mirror sensor pod and wiring so there's no way to connect it to a rear camera, at least not at the moment.

My cam is only front but they have front/rear dash cam which is more expensive. I think the front is the most important because as I know any accidents from the back of your car is other drivers responsibilities as they should focus on

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Is this only front camera? 

My cam is only front but they have front/rear dash cam which is more expensive. I think the front is the most important because as I know any accidents from the back of your car is other drivers responsibilities as they should focus on

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ameer O said:

.... any accidents from the back of your car is other drivers responsibilities as they should focus on

That is arguable. For a start that is the basis of the reversing scam at lights.  True your own Dashcam should prove who hit who. 

The other case is where your car suddenly slows down for no apparent reason as the ACC falsely detects an obstruction ahead. While it is true the other driver should have taken action you may have to accept some blame on a knock for knock basis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ameer O said:

My cam is only front but they have front/rear dash cam which is more expensive. I think the front is the most important because as I know any accidents from the back of your car is other drivers responsibilities as they should focus on

But the rear won't have a simple installation as the front one. Right?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

But the rear won't have a simple installation as the front one. Right?!

Exactly it will need to be fitted by an experienced person 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ameer O said:

Exactly it will need to be fitted by an experienced person 

That very much depends really, the only real difficulty is wiring the data and power leads to the back of the car but given the way the cars are designed to buit on a conveyer belt at speed running such wiring is far from difficult.  It also depends on the definition of 'experienced', I would respectfully suggest that, if the experienced person is your average Halfords person, you are far better fitting it yourself.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

.... if the experienced person is your average Halfords person, you are far better fitting it yourself.  

 

Can't speak for Halfords but many years ago I popped into a shop on Tottenham Court Road to buy a front of roof aerial.  The young chap selling told me exactly where to drill the hole and how to fit it.  He had probably never seen a SAAB but he was spot on. 

As for picking up the appropriate live wire SAAB used to provide wiring diagrams.  I also used a pin and voltmeter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership