Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My experience with Fitcamx OME dashcam for my Toyota Corolla 2019

Ameer O

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Can't speak for Halfords but many years ago I popped into a shop on Tottenham Court Road to buy a front of roof aerial.  The young chap selling told me exactly where to drill the hole and how to fit it.  He had probably never seen a SAAB but he was spot on. 

As for picking up the appropriate live wire SAAB used to provide wiring diagrams.  I also used a pin and voltmeter. 

Insider knowledge in my case, I know the level of training that was given to staff which varied from little to none.   The reason I know is because I used to work for them when they started to expand the fitting of car audio to sat-navs and dash cams.  In fact I refused to work on any car that I did not feel confident to work on so they moved me from the audio department to the role of a meet and greet. I later left the company rather than be forced to do work I did not feel trained to perform.

That was a good few years ago and to be fair to Halfords their rating on Trustpilot is good at 4.5 out of five so maybe they have upped their game.  That said most of the complaints were to do with the fitting of equipment slightly more difficult than a Battery or windscreen wiper.   It is also not difficult to find some real horror stories but that is also true of many other companies so I guess you pay your money and take your choice.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 11:47 AM, Ameer O said:

Today I installed my new Fitcamx dash cam for my Toyota Corolla 2019.

After doing deep research about the best dash cam which can fit my car without wiring and affecting the driver's vision( OME look).

I have found this excellent dash cam, which I installed in 1 minute! I didn’t need to go to a car's electrician to fit the dash cam as it is very easy to install by anyone with no previous experience like me!

The dash cam records videos in 4k resolution and supports up to 128g (10hrs recording). The cam has 64G memory, but I updated it for 128G ( ordered from Amazon for £16). The recording quality is excellent, and I recommend it to anyone.

I ordered this dash cam from AliExpress ($168). it has arrived within ten days.

Any questions I am happy to answer 

Did you get charged tax or import fee?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hylen said:

Did you get charged tax or import fee?

No I didn't need to pay tax

• Like 2