Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Side Lights - both not working Auris 2010 Hybrid

Rob Smith1964

Can anyone help? My car failed its MOT as both front sidelights were not working, I’ve looked at the fuse box under the dash on the passengers side and the fuse is ok, (i did replace it anyway) the lights still dont work, has anyone got any ideas what may be the fault or am i missing something simple?

thanks in advance for your help

Rob 

Have you checked the bulbs??

• Like 2

bulbs has gone most likely. You will need to change them and because it’s a bit of a work the tester has failed the car, in other circumstances he could have just replace them and charge you for that. The bulbs you need are w5w, best choice is Osram 2825 10pcs and best to change the rear ones too. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400622892995?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3OYWvtXKRlm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

For the front you will need to undo plastic clips and some bolts to gain access. Best to use mechanic gloves to turn the bulb holders for both front and rear. Rear one access through the boot covers, remove them and turn anti-clockwise. 👍

62C46359-3340-4600-8B9A-970927F9170E.jpeg

Both bulbs failing at similar times can and does happen. Both reversing lights on our old Corolla were out... can't be the bulbs I thought... but it was. Its a Toyota, they don't 'real' faults.