Do Not Sell My Personal Information

speaker upgrades Yaris cross GX ice

Hi

I changed my rear OEM Speakers to Rockford Fosgate T1650 Power Series 6.5" 2 Way Coax. The sound quality doesn't seem any better. Any advise  what else to do as front and tweeter Speakers are still OEM i was wondering what to change it to ,as the Rockford i had to customize the fit 

Its is the way Toyota choose to specify their amplification, they amplify the front more than the rear and changing Speakers will do nothing to cure the quieter rears

Stereo systems are setup, so the soundstage is up front, the rears are just for fill - you don't drive from the back seat do you, what you are wanting to do - requires changing all the Speakers and adding an amp - if you have the car on lease or finance you do not own the car, so can not change anything, 2 way coaxial's may actually cause issues as the oem just uses a mid in the rear doors

the base system is 6 Speakers, tweeter and mid in the front with a mid in the rear door, the premium system is only on the top of the range cars as an option (if available in your market) 8 Speakers, super tweeter, tweeter and mid in the door with an amplifier under the front seat (drivers side on a RHD car) and mid's in the rear doors

Cross GX, i take you are in Australia

• 3 weeks later...