Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First time washing with Rainwater

Hornet3D

Today was the first time I have washed our Aygo using a water butt as the water source.   I have installed two 100L water butts and have added a water butt pump which I connect up to a hose reel as normal.  Pressure is less than a pressure washer but still has a reasonable amount of force.   I rinsed the car, followed by a foam and rinse than did the wash with another rinse.  Added neat wash liquid as per manufacture's guide lines with a final rinse, so four rinses which used about a third of the water in one butt.  I rinse for the same period I would have done if the hose had been connected to the house mains and all seems well.  Based upon that I should get four washes before I run out of water assuming there is no rain for that period.  The reason it is not six washes is that the pump is placed above the lower third of the butt to avoid picking up and debris.

• Like 2

You can still connect a pressure washer. 

In Lincolnshire it is pretty dry, on the east coast, over a 10 year period we got a consistent 18 inches per year.  This equates to just over 6 gallons per square foot.  Your average 6x8 shed will yield over 1,300 litres. If you get more than 18 inches you will get even more. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

You can still connect a pressure washer. 

In Lincolnshire it is pretty dry, on the east coast, over a 10 year period we got a consistent 18 inches per year.  This equates to just over 6 gallons per square foot.  Your average 6x8 shed will yield over 1,300 litres. If you get more than 18 inches you will get even more. 

I could accept I no longer have a pressure washer, I used to have an expensive Kärcher washer but it failed spectacularly two weeks after the warranty ran out so I have learnt to manage without.

Ah, no I understand.  Mine had a failure too but I needed it for more prosaic things like blocked drains. 

Their spares are hugely expensive though I did have a Captain Oakes moment with them.  I was in an email exchange when her final message concluded, "I'm going away and may be some time".   The whole tone suggested something calamitous like she had just told her boss to stuff it😊

More recently I had a hose failure. I got a far superior copy with metal connectors rather than plastic and a much lower price. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Ah, no I understand.  Mine had a failure too but I needed it for more prosaic things like blocked drains. 

Their spares are hugely expensive though I did have a Captain Oakes moment with them.  I was in an email exchange when her final message concluded, "I'm going away and may be some time".   The whole tone suggested something calamitous like she had just told her boss to stuff it😊

More recently I had a hose failure. I got a far superior copy with metal connectors rather than plastic and a much lower price. 

There are occasions when pressure washers come into their own and i suspect I will buy another at some point but thank top my experience with the expensive version it is most likely going to be form the middle aisle of Aldi if at all.

Personally I'm not keen on using my pressure washer on my car.

My philosophy is use the hose, plenty water, car shampoo, plenty water, plenty water 😃

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links