Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black liquid on my seats. How do I get this out?

dingdingboom

I put a metal dolly in my car (I know, didn't fit in trunk) and suddenly out comes this black liquid out of god knows where.. I have no clue how or why there is liquid or what it is.

Anyway here is a picture: https://i.postimg.cc/1zbMSbQm/IMG-20220612-150836.jpg

How can I get this stuff out? I applied some wet cloths which just helped a little. I hope this doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks!

6 hours ago, dingdingboom said:

I put a metal dolly in my car (I know, didn't fit in trunk) and suddenly out comes this black liquid out of god knows where.. I have no clue how or why there is liquid or what it is.

Anyway here is a picture: https://i.postimg.cc/1zbMSbQm/IMG-20220612-150836.jpg

How can I get this stuff out? I applied some wet cloths which just helped a little. I hope this doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks!

Looks like, and from the sounds of it, makes sense to be, oil.

Or, a combination of oil and water.

If you can get some of the contaminant in a dish or something, experiment with different solvents. You might find one that works. If something works try a small spot on the fabric. 

It might also be worth while doing a cost benefit check. How much time and effort will be needed, together if solvent cost, and will you be satisfied with the end result?  Or replace the cover? 

I had a rear seat cover degrade through sunlight.  I visited a scrapie and found the same model of car.  The scrapie had not recovered the cover and I rescued it from the mud.  It washed up and did the job. 

An alternative is clean what you can and buy some loose covers.  Do use a liner to stop bleed through. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links