Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple iPlayer

Dylanfan

Hi everyone,

My Corolla may be red, but I’m green.

Just bought an iPhone, never had a smart phone before. My car is a 2019 model and when bought I was told it didn’t have iPlay or android play but while looking through the car’s settings menu it appears to be there.

if it is there, how do I connect to it, wi-fi or usb, if usb, can I use the socket in the central box or the one under the dash?

I did say I was green😟

Maurice

2 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Hi everyone,

Just bought an iPhone, never had a smart phone before. My car is a 2019 model and when bought I was told it didn’t have iPlay or android play but while looking through the car’s settings menu it appears to be there.

if it is there, how do I connect to it, wi-fi or usb, if usb, can I use the socket in the central box or the one under the dash?

I did say I was green😟

Maurice

I believe only the MY22 cars that have the Smart Connect system can use it wire free, so you'd have to plug it in. 
Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure I read that it has to be plugged into the one under the dash for it to work.

That being said, there may be a compatibility issue, ie, what version iPhone have you got?

4 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Hi everyone,

I did say I was green😟

Maurice

it needs to go back to dealership to have an update usually it will take 2 hours. If you get the car from a toyota dealer they should do it for free, otherwise it is £50 from what i have research.

If your car doesn't have Apple Carplay, there was an upgrade available from dealers - cost £120 if done as a standalone update or £50 if done with a service. Connection by usb data cable. See:

Thanks for the reply’s guys, I don’t know what I’ll be doing with the iPhone yet. As I said, I’m green🤢 when it comes to smart phones, only ever had a simple one that sat in the car in case of an emergency. It was so old it wouldn’t even wi-fi to the car.

Maurice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links