Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

Toyota showed this to UK dealers at a dealer meeting earlier this year, looks like details have leaked in Japan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Which is effectively the same as the pinned post from Lee here:

And in neither case do I know what this really tells us. The C-HR is a great self charging hybrid already - it doesn't necessarily need any significant upgrade. And we know that Toyota intends to make a bZ model EV that looks very C-HR like. Maybe they will try to make a transitional model? But equally it would make sense to continue with the self charging hybrid C-HR while introducing a full EV bZ replacement and just let the market decide ... ?

Topics merged.

The vehicle featured by Autoblog is probably the BEV in the Yaris Cross sector - and which was described earlier this year on Facebook by Toyota GB as a Small SUV BEV. 

Earlier this year Toyota GB featured the following article in Toyota mag, which showed the silver BEV as per Lee's post in this merged topic, as being a Compact SUV BEV - which would be in the C-HR sector:

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-unveils-full-global-electric-vehicle-line-up/

As we already know Toyota has two joint ventures in China, both of which produce BEV versions of the existing C-HR.

• Like 1

I was chatting to my friend at the dealership and they said that the C-HR will be has a 'multi fuel' vehicle - I assume that means hybrid and BEV - so likely to be built on the E3 platform that Toyota showed before Christmas.

The Compact SUV BEV is the bZ3X, which would make sense as it's a 'C' segment car.

1 hour ago, duncerduncs said:

'multi fuel' vehicle

Multi-fuel as in plug-in hybrid? Or the same car as an ICE, hybrid, plug-in hybrid or EV (as the Koreans do with the Niro and it's siblings)? I suspect that we shall have to wait and see ...

Stick the 2 litre 5th gen hybrid under the bonnet, no wider then current C-HR, add a HUD, update instrument cluster & add wireless Android Auto & I could be tempted to upgrade in 3 years time. 

• Like 2

Maybe they meant "alternative-fuelled", which is what normal and PHEV hybrids are classed as? (And gives the £10 car tax discount)

Also see the BZ concepts topic posted in January - particularly the post dated 7th January:-

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 12:20 AM, Big_D said:

I actually quite like it.

The renders make it look a bit uglier in the front, i'd prefer it if they keep the front the same as the concept. The back for me tho looks very simple  and kind of dated. I think these renders are just what the magazine workers believe the final product will look like but i think toyota will keep it almost identical to the concept just like the original chr

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures in this week's Autoexpress show black C Pillars a-la Aygo X.

I think it looks good

Hopefully it hasn't grown becoming to practical & family friendly.

C-HR should be a car for couples who only occasionally need to carry passengers in the back seat.

• Like 2

It is shame it no longer has the stealth rear door handles. I think I can see an AWD Badge at the rear. Probably an electric assist like on the recent Cross models.

996637633_ToyotaC-HRexclusiveimages.thumb.jpg.ea20324cbdd1bee4b91505cae85a389a.jpg 1172912953_ToyotaC-HRexclusiveimages-2.thumb.jpg.3091c89320ea77d96624cd67e3a94dc0.jpg

Picture credit: AutoExpress

Until I see an official Toyota issued press release & pictures I would take what's been published on the internet especially from the likes of Auto Express with a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Until I see an official Toyota issued press release & pictures I would take what's been published on the internet especially from the likes of Auto Express with a pinch of salt.

I think that goes without saying. Further I would want to see it in the flesh before making a final judgement.

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

They say the source is the Australian patent office, which perhaps gives them extra credence. In the original monochrome images the door handles look to be flush, which would make more sense if the rear handles are being moved down into the standard position.

I think if they keep the front of the electric concept and the back of the renders then i'm definetly going to buy one in a heartbeat.

Definitely hope Toyota keep the C-HR , probably ready for a refresh to keep the look upto date externally and rinside with latest digital dash and display. Doesn’t need much really Definitely don’t need more rear space a slightly wider cabin would be nice and longer seat bases. I’d happily pay for electric adjustment on the passenger seat. A plug in option would be interesting but more than happy with economy on our 2.0 Excel 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The C-HR is already available in China as a BEV , would make sense for Toyota to have a C-HR with hybrid, plug in hybrid and BEV options. If the next gen C-HR looks similar to this I’d be putting my name down for a plug in version , assuming they make one 👍 As we are not getting the new Prius (as apparently very few were sold in the U.K. and we seam to love C_HRs maybe we get to that instead. 🤞😎

https://pressroom.toyota.com/a-nod-to-the-near-future-toyota-bz-compact-suv-concept-revealed-in-u-s/

3519D0C7-0A63-4E5D-B1E4-3E12AEE4D0E1.jpeg

• Like 2

I see a lot of people posting online about poor rear seat space & luggage capacity, it seems the C-HR Badge ( Coupé - High Rider ) doesn't give them the hint it's not a family / luggage hauling vehicle & they should be looking elsewhere for there transportation needs.

Hopefully Toyota wont ruin the C-HR image by designing family friendly & practical in to the new one.

FWIW - I see the same complaints about the Lexus UX as well.

• Like 6

I don’t think the C-HR was designed to be practical, we don’t want a load of rear seat space as 99.9% of the time they are never used, the Corolla Cross and RAV4 should keep folk happy , keep the C-HR stylish and don’t worry about rear seats 👍

AFAIK the C stands for Compact-High Rider 

• Like 6