Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

29 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

AFAIK the C stands for Compact-High Rider

I always understood / preferred Coupé - High Rider - at least that's what I've told the wife (it's her car) and please don't anyone tell her otherwise... 😉 

10 hours ago, AndyRC said:

I don’t think the C-HR was designed to be practical, we don’t want a load of rear seat space as 99.9% of the time they are never used, the Corolla Cross and RAV4 should keep folk happy , keep the C-HR stylish and don’t worry about rear seats

I agree. The C-HR is s sexy stylish car. That's why I bought one. If I had wanted a family car, I would have gone for something else. In all the time I have owned my C-HR, the rear seats have been used three times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

New C-HR Prologue , yes please👍 can’t say I like the multi tone rear but a classic bi tone C-HR with a black roof will do nicely 😎

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-c-hr-prologue/

F9E85753-4A6D-4879-9C65-CA8459725D9E.jpeg

Hope they keep as much of the design if not all for the production model as it looks great 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

Hope they keep as much of the design if not all for the production model as it looks great 👍

I’ve already emailed my contact at JRT Hull to get my name on a plug in version 👍😎

• Like 2

Just found this , concept looks to have cameras instead of conventional wing mirrors , hoping the production version is as near to this as possible 🤞😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s a pretty radical design and looks fantastic.  Unfortunately car manufacturers nearly always tone the features down giving a more conventional look.  It would be good if Toyota kept this design when it’s presented to the public.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Just found this , concept looks to have cameras instead of conventional wing mirrors , hoping the production version is as near to this as possible 🤞😎

👍Looks mint and good video.

• Like 2

The message I got from the video is that the production version will be pretty close to what has been presented and in an age of  everything looking similar let’s hope Toyota aim to be different with the MK2 , they haven’t done bad sales wise with the MK1 and a plug in version should capture even more customers. We currently have an Excel (primarily as we couldn’t wait for a factory order on a GR Sport with electric driver’s seat , a must for the CEO)  but will seriously consider the GR Sport next time 👍

• Like 1

It’s only in the last year that I started to look at Toyotas for my replacement vehicle.  Originally I always thought Toyotas looked too conservative and lacked a  bit of flair.  However they seem to have turned the corner and are now designing and producing innovative and creative designs which I’m sure will attract a new type of customer.

• Like 2

The US are getting the Prius but we do get the new C-HR and they don’t , apparently not that popular over there. Keep as close to the Prologue and this will sell well 👍

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/12/toyota-to-discontinue-c-hr-in-north-america-after-2022/#Echobox=1670514455

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

The US are getting the Prius but we do get the new C-HR and they don’t , apparently not that popular over there. Keep as close to the Prologue and this will sell well 👍

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/12/toyota-to-discontinue-c-hr-in-north-america-after-2022/#Echobox=1670514455

The C-HR wasn't popular in the US as there only power train option was a thirsty gutless 3ZR 2 litre engine with an unreliable CVT transmission attached.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Given that the RAV is described over there as a "compact SUV" I expect the CH-R is actually too small for tjhem to see 🤣

• Haha 3

The CEO is averaging 52 mpg with a lot of MWay work , I’m starting to wonder if a plug-in C-HR will be worth the premium (whatever that is probably £3/4k) over the hybrid 🤔 Once she retires MWay mileage will go down and with more town / x country driving I’d expect to be in the mid 50s so not sure it will stack up financially 🤔

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

I’m starting to wonder if a plug-in C-HR will be worth the premium (whatever that is probably £3/4k) over the hybrid 🤔

I don't think that it ever will, but equally I don't think that is the right way to look at it ...

When I bought my RAV4 HEV, the premium for a PHEV was around £10k and I estimated that it would take of the order of 100k miles to recover the cost which I was never going to be able to do. But truly I went with the HEV because I didn't have another £10k to spend of a car and simply justified that decision using the payback argument.

And with the rising cost of electricity etc. justifying the premium in terms of lower running costs is likely to become harder over time.

We should really be moving straight to EVs. But the combination of current EV range and limitations of the charging infrastructure discourages many of us from taking that step. A PHEV is a compromise - an EV for local journeys so lower emissions in and around town and a hybrid for longer journeys so that nowhere is out of range.

We currently have a pair of hybrids and no need to change too soon. My question is whether our next car should be PHEV or pure EV - and only time will tell! 🙂 

Personally I'm waiting; I want a vehicle for its utility, not as an eco status symbol, so it has to be functionally equivalent or better than what I currently have, and all EVs are currently worse - More expensive to buy, more expensive to insure, bigger, heavier, far less range, more time wasting and awkward to 'refuel'.

Its only advantages: Can wake up with a full charge - Won't apply until I get my own house (Which is looking increasingly unlikely to ever happen while I'm in London), and zero tax and low 'fuel' costs - Things that are going away by the looks of it.

To me they just don't bring any advantages to the table over what I have, but do bring a whole load of disadvantages, so they aren't at all an attractive prospect at the moment to me, even if I do like the responsiveness and instant torque of electric drivetrains a lot!

• Like 2

@AndyRC what size engine does the CEO have? I ask because I have the 2.0 and average around 58mpg motorway driving and around 62mpg for town and cross country.

My best ever motorway trip gave me 66mpg.

• Like 1

"Condensed Stance Monster". Who comes up with this guff? 🤣

Car looks great! Just add solid state batteries and 300+ miles of range and I'll bite their hand off.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Big_D said:

@AndyRC what size engine does the CEO have? I ask because I have the 2.0 and average around 58mpg motorway driving and around 62mpg for town and cross country.

My best ever motorway trip gave me 66mpg.

It’s a 2.0 , we’ve seen 56 on occasions with MW but as it’s used for business the CEO more interested in getting where she wants to be than the MPG. 

I am just hoping they don't put steering wheel and drivers display as in Peugeot. For several people the top of the steering wheel obstructs the display in such set up.

24 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

I am just hoping they don't put steering wheel and drivers display as in Peugeot. For several people the top of the steering wheel obstructs the display in such set up.

The Peugeot i-Cockpit does take some getting used to but it is a great set up once you find your ideal driving position, It is one thing I miss from my previous Peugeot.

It is odd at first & some people do hate it but I found it perfectly fine for the 4 years I owned one.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:29 PM, forkingabout said:

I could be tempted to upgrade in 3 years time. 

And a little bit more space in the boot.

But seriously, does the CH-R not have the same gen hybrid as the newest  Yaris models (inc Li-ion instead of the earlier type battery)?

40 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The Peugeot i-Cockpit does take some getting used to but it is a great set up once you find your ideal driving position, It is one thing I miss from my previous Peugeot.

It is odd at first & some people do hate it but I found it perfectly fine for the 4 years I owned one.

Lee, there is a good possibility of that coming to Toyota. Similar set up is in new Prius and their EV range. Apparently, Toyota might bring some sort of sophisticated yolk steering wheels.