Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Do You Think?

Georgey Porgey

I can only see just over half your car and both pictures are identical, was this an error?

10 hours ago, dee123456 said:

I can only see just over half your car and both pictures are identical, was this an error?

High level brake light?

Lights in the rear bumper isn't it?

Yes the led rear lower bumper reflectors which are side light & brake LEDs.

Do you like it? Then everything is OK...

👍

Taste is always on the eye of the beholder, and you'll get opposing views on everything. The additional lights are not my cup of tee, but choosing that color for your TS was spot on!

• Like 2

Interested how you did the install

I'm not sure what I am noticing other than; do you know you will have to always remove your number plate at the MOT due date?

Dont know what you mean you have to take off your number plate at the MoT due date? Just had my MOT and its not a requirement for as long is within standards

2 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

Dont know what you mean you have to take off your number plate at the MoT due date? Just had my MOT and its not a requirement for as long is within standards

I think 2badmice was referring to Georgey Porgeys number plate as the distancing of the numbers / letters are incorrect

Did you de-badge the right hand side boot? If so was it easy enough?

27 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

The easiest way I have found to debadge is to use tooth floss in a sawing action behind the Badge, then WD40 to remove the remaining glue. Best to do it on a warm day as the glue is more flexible. I have removed all my 'hybrid' badges with no issues.

• Like 1

Just now, 50p said:

The easiest way I have found to debadge is to use tooth floss in a sawing action behind the badge, then WD40 to remove the remaining glue. Best to do it on a warm day as the glue is more flexible. I have removed all my 'hybrid' badges with no issues.

I have removed all the badges on my previous used cars as I think they look better without the badges and are easier to clean, I keep the manufacturer Badge but just remove the writing. I don't think I will with this as its new but I am tempted. I use floss as you have mentioned but tar remover instead of WD40. 

• Like 1

Rear reflectors are a mandatory requirement unless the car is only used during daylight hours. May well affect future MOT's.

For the badges I did removed mine during cold winter days. I used air dryer to heat up little then just pulled them carefully and almost no glue left to clean after. Tar and glue remover helped to complete the job. The car is nice and clean and unrecognisable for many as what Toyota models is actually, cause confusion when visiting garages for mot or wheel alignment. 

On 6/20/2022 at 6:33 PM, Chuffmonkey said:

Yes mate used teeth floss then used autoglym tar remover.

Mot I'm not worried about as it's a 71 plate & no mot for a few years

They are original japanese toyota corolla touring sports reflectors with led lamps for tail & brakes.

IMG_20220528_182547.jpg

IMG_20220528_210515.jpg

9 minutes ago, Georgey Porgey said:

Mot I'm not worried about as it's a 71 plate & no mot for a few years

They are original japanese toyota corolla touring sports reflectors with led lamps for tail & brakes.

A 71 plate's MOT would be due late 2024/early 2025

Makes no difference whether they are Japanese or Klingon - depends whether they meet UK/European regulations.

• Like 1

Must admit I'd be a bit perturbed if I saw a Klingon doing my MOT... :unsure::laugh: 

• Haha 2

On 6/20/2022 at 8:09 PM, Chuffmonkey said:

I have removed all the badges on my previous used cars as I think they look better without the badges and are easier to clean, I keep the manufacturer badge but just remove the writing. I don't think I will with this as its new but I am tempted. I use floss as you have mentioned but tar remover instead of WD40. 

Sorry for the derailing of Georgey's thread but I have taken off the badges too but there is a very faint outline where the badges used to be when you look closely.  I used wd40 then polished it up.  

Do I need a machine polish to get rid of the outline totally?

3 hours ago, Trackpad said:

Sorry for the derailing of Georgey's thread but I have taken off the badges too but there is a very faint outline where the badges used to be when you look closely.  I used wd40 then polished it up.  

Do I need a machine polish to get rid of the outline totally?

Yes, you can try to polish with rotary machine and t cut compound. Have you bought the car used? Often when there had been any paint job respray for example then there are marks left from removing the Badge, if it comes clean mean it’s all genuine paint work. 

Yes car bought new, I will try the machine. Both sides have the same faint outline which tbh is only visible in certain angles.

In the eye of the beholder. When my previous car 'lost' its ID (engine size and type) I had it replaced. 

I kidded the mechanic, said "you put 200, it should have been 300" had him going for a moment 😁