Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Avensis oil filter location

Richievvti

Hello and good morning, I need to know where the oil filter is located on a 2002 Toyota Avensis 1.8vvti. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Richard

Looking from under the front of the car, the oil filter is on the front of the engine pointing down. It is easy to access, as is the sump plug. 
  sam_3383__3.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Richievvti said:

Many thanks for that

I have had two Avensis cars - Mk1 T22 1.8 7A-FE lean burn, and Mk3 T27 1.8 Valvematic I currently own. The access for oil changes is easy for the Mk1 as the oil filter is on the front of the engine block. The Mk3 has under floor cover with a door. Once the door is opened, the drain plug and oil filter are close together. Unlike the older cars with can style filters, the Mk3 uses a cartridge filter and needs a special Toyota tool to undo the plastic housing. The oil filter tool is not expensive from places like eBay. I have changed oil on other cars, and some models can be a bit more involved. The Avensis petrol 1.8 is easy whatever model generation.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, Konrad C said:

I have had two Avensis cars - Mk1 T22 1.8 7A-FE lean burn, and Mk3 T27 1.8 Valvematic I currently own. The access for oil changes is easy for the Mk1 as the oil filter is on the front of the engine block. The Mk3 has under floor cover with a door. Once the door is opened, the drain plug and oil filter are close together. Unlike the older cars with can style filters, the Mk3 uses a cartridge filter and needs a special Toyota tool to undo the plastic housing. The oil filter tool is not expensive from places like Ebay. I have changed oil on other cars, and some models can be a bit more involved. The Avensis petrol 1.8 is easy whatever model generation.

Hi Konrad would u ever think about getting a 2.0 d4d 1adftv t27 avensis for a change dude see what you think of them and why boss 

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

Hi Konrad would u ever think about getting a 2.0 d4d 1adftv t27 avensis for a change dude see what you think of them and why boss 

I am a petrol only owner. Yes the economy is not as good as diesel, but fine for me. Long journeys see very good economy. My car use is less these days. I live in Greater London - Bexley Borough, and every so often have to travel into the ULEZ. That ULEZ is in the process of being expanded to cover all of London. My car is ULEZ compliant and I got my car back in 2015 with that in mind. Servicing my car is less involved than the diesel. Also there are no EGR and DPF too worry about. Yes the Valvematic can have issues like any other engine, but it's the luck of the draw. I did have to change the water pump a couple of years ago, and that was an easy job with good access. That meant I also replaced the drive belt and coolant at the same time. Access was good. My car performs okay and in this day and age of traffic calming, speed restrictions and cameras, getting A to B safely is more important these days. In general, most users have moved away from diesel with more owners like my brother, making the change soon. 
Joe it seems that where you are located, diesels are popular and unless the authorities thinking of introducing low emission zones and active travel, you are fine for now. I actually do a lot of walking and bike riding (500 plus miles a month cycling), so fitness is key for me. My next car could well be a hybrid. Not ready for EV due to cost. If had an EV I would have a wall charger installed. 
I have driven diesel cars, but will never own one. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

I am a petrol only owner. Yes the economy is not as good as diesel, but fine for me. Long journeys see very good economy. My car use is less these days. I live in Greater London - Bexley Borough, and every so often have to travel into the ULEZ. That ULEZ is in the process of being expanded to cover all of London. My car is ULEZ compliant and I got my car back in 2015 with that in mind. Servicing my car is less involved than the diesel. Also there are no EGR and DPF too worry about. Yes the Valvematic can have issues like any other engine, but it's the luck of the draw. I did have to change the water pump a couple of years ago, and that was an easy job with good access. That meant I also replaced the drive belt and coolant at the same time. Access was good. My car performs okay and in this day and age of traffic calming, speed restrictions and cameras, getting A to B safely is more important these days. In general, most users have moved away from diesel with more owners like my brother, making the change soon. 
Joe it seems that where you are located, diesels are popular and unless the authorities thinking of introducing low emission zones and active travel, you are fine for now. I actually do a lot of walking and bike riding (500 plus miles a month cycling), so fitness is key for me. My next car could well be a hybrid. Not ready for EV due to cost. If had an EV I would have a wall charger installed. 
I have driven diesel cars, but will never own one. 

Aye I'd say I'd get a Toyota hybrid some time and we'll I'm bit like u I'd say il be in for bother as tbh I don't do long drives with my car at all as I only live I'd say 5 miles from work and back so only driving it gets is weekend and we'll sometimes that don't happen as we got handy train in my town .suppose it car !Removed! itself for less driving I'd be the man 2 let uz guys know the craic I'm going threw with a low miles driving 2.0d4d 1adftv engine 2014 with genuine 48k on the clock problems lol 😕

25 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

and every so often have to travel into the ULEZ. That ULEZ is in the process of being expanded to cover all of London.

<rant!>

Yes, despite that lying towrag KHAAAAAAN! saying he wouldn't expand the zone past the A406, to try and make the first expansion more palatable to Londoners. We all knew he had plans to expand it to all of London from day one despite him vehemently denying it.

He's not even pretending it's about pollution any more - The A406 extension of it didn't bring in anywhere near enough money for him as, despite their attempts to keep it on the hush, enough word of mouth got out that most people switched to cars with better emissions ratings before the deadline, but instead of being happy about this he's blaming *US* for the shortfall in his finances, and saying that's why he has to expand the zone! Meanwhile he's shutting down bus routes and trying to cut staffing levels for the tube! Where is all this money going? I can't articulate how much I despise that man. Why do these evil psychopaths keeps getting into positions of power?!

I just found out the A10 past the Great Cambridge roundabout has been suddenly changed from a 40 to a 30 zone with no warning and absolutely inadequate signage - When I contacted Haringey Council about this, turns out that was done by TfL as well! No doubt to try and generate more revenue with surprise speeding fines now that they've been given authority over handling them instead of the police!

If my work didn't tie me here I'd be out of this horrible city in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

<rant!>

Yes, despite that lying towrag KHAAAAAAN! saying he wouldn't expand the zone past the A406, to try and make the first expansion more palatable to Londoners. We all knew he had plans to expand it to all of London from day one despite him vehemently denying it.

He's not even pretending it's about pollution any more - The A406 extension of it didn't bring in anywhere near enough money for him as, despite their attempts to keep it on the hush, enough word of mouth got out that most people switched to cars with better emissions ratings before the deadline, but instead of being happy about this he's blaming *US* for the shortfall in his finances, and saying that's why he has to expand the zone! Meanwhile he's shutting down bus routes and trying to cut staffing levels for the tube! Where is all this money going? I can't articulate how much I despise that man. Why do these evil psychopaths keeps getting into positions of power?!

I just found out the A10 past the Great Cambridge roundabout has been suddenly changed from a 40 to a 30 zone with no warning and absolutely inadequate signage - When I contacted Haringey Council about this, turns out that was done by TfL as well! No doubt to try and generate more revenue with surprise speeding fines now that they've been given authority over handling them instead of the police!

If my work didn't tie me here I'd be out of this horrible city in a heartbeat!

yep and i love the way the new rules of the road they brought in if we are driving down the road and a poxy push bike rider is coming down the road behind u u have to stop in the road and let the bike idiot pass on the left before you turn into the left road you want to go on. that happened me the other day i came to a roundabout where i had the right of way some ***** on a bike came flying down turning left the road i was on then i next relized he was right beside me on my left and i had to take the next road on the left as that was my direction. i put on my indicator and the !Removed! cut in behind me