Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running boards and jack points

spicyhotone

I got my 2021 RAV4 PHEV with running boards installed. I seem to remember there was some documentation with the car, giving instructions on how to jack the car to change a tyre, as the running boards covered the normal jacking points? However, I can't find that information any more. Has anyone here got those instructions or can point me to some online? Thanks!

I think you need a "jack block" which sits on top of a scissor jack. As the PHEV doesn't come with a spare wheel you would need to acquire a suitable jack etc. Here's a pic of the jack block from the USA Ravworld site.

Screenshot_20220615-131440.thumb.png.dbaff76e63fde8c3c96a643cbc737f73.png

Seeing your post got me worried so I went out to look and although I have the running boards I can see the original jacking point ok and looks like the jack should go on it ok.mine is 2019 HEV. Maybe only needed on later hev/Phev.

5 hours ago, spicyhotone said:

I got my 2021 RAV4 PHEV with running boards installed. I seem to remember there was some documentation with the car, giving instructions on how to jack the car to change a tyre, as the running boards covered the normal jacking points? However, I can't find that information any more. Has anyone here got those instructions or can point me to some online? Thanks!

The jack block I referred to was related to older RAV models (2017)......you should check to see if the current running board fitment fouls the jacking point or not. You may be fine I don't know

• 10 months later...

if the running boards are metal it should be fine to do jack the car up on the fitting bracket. (do not jack up if it is plastic or third party running boards!)