Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2.0 D-4D T3 reluctant sale

bbgffc

Hi everyone,

This is a follow up to my last post at end of March stating I had to sell my excellent 2003/53 Toyota Corolla 2.0 D-4D T3.

It has done less than 55k and had 3 previous owners (one being my son). I have an issue with my left foot and have had to give up driving manual cars, otherwise this car would be going nowhere.

It has just sailed through another MOT with NO advisories and is now MOT'd until 27 June 2023. The only issue is underneath where it is showing signs of rust. I was advised that it's no problem as it is only surface rust and could be brushed off and sealed. It's due to not being used enough over the past couple of years.

It is on Gumtree, but as not many buyers not how well this car was made, are coming up with ridiculous offers. Most are street traders who just want to turn it round and make a quick £500 to £1000.

Yes it is diesel, and that has increased in price, but the mpg around town is over 40 and much better on a longer journey. Tax is reasonable and I paid £127 for a year's insurance (after £40 cashback) fully comp.

If there's anyone out there who is interested (I live in Ashtead, Surrey, KT21 which is a 5 minute drive from J9 of the M25 Leatherhead).

The reg is: AF53 UHL and you can read more and see some pics on Gumtree. 

I would prefer selling it to somebody that wants to keep it and enjoy it, rather than make a few quid on a quick sale.

It is advertised at £2,495, but I would accept £2,200 from a genuine buyer. As mentioned in the advert, I am happy to accept any AA/RAC inspection at buyer's cost)

Any other tips on where I could advertise would be gratefully accepted. Once sold I would be looking for a Corolla or Auris Automatic.

Many thanks.