Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2018 - Screen fell behind Dash - Covered by Warranty?

Arus

Hello all,

I bought a 2018 Aygo in December 2021 from a Toyota dealership.
In April, during a mini heatwave, I got into my car to find that the Airbag/Seatbelt status screen had become dislodged and fallen.

I finally took this to Toyota and they are telling me that this is not covered by my warranty.

The question is: should it be?

This happened without any external impact, and fell simply by existing. Sshould I have to pay to have this repaired??

Thanks!

IMG_20220430_185850.thumb.jpg.1a4a58f64120c9b90c0fb93d2ed98586.jpg

Surely that's covered by the Toyota 5 Year Warranty !!!

I'd fight my corner on that, like a Scotsman with a fiver in his pocket 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣

• Like 3

My own opinion Simon is that this should definitely be covered by the warranty as the vehicle is only 4 years old.

What reason did the dealer give that it was not covered ?

So another call with Toyota, they say it is *definitely* not covered by warranty.
If this was my old Celica I would do it myself, but as the dash is essentially full of explosives, I have told them to do it.

However, when I conceded to pay, he suddenly perked up and said 'oh, are you interested in dash cams?'
I was looking to have one fitted, so I am letting them do so.
I'll wait to see the bill. Maybe they will charge for the Dashcam fitting and not the screen.

However if I do end up paying, I will absolutely take this up with Toyota after the fact!

Our similar Peugeot 108 suffered the same issue, but noticed it when viewing car before purchase and it was fixed by dealer when we bought the car, that was 5 years ago. Since then I've seen a few others with this fault, so it quite a common issue. Maybe there is a Technical Service Bullitin (TSB) for it, which may help/influence a warranty fix?

• Like 1

its a 5 min job unless something is broke, technically it's a safety issue as you can't see the airbag status (you have a young child) if the car has missed a dealer service it can mean the car is under Relax warrantee rather than the 5-year one

I'd talk to Toyota GB direct.  Call or email them.  Their customer relations email address is cr@toyota.co.uk and they are normally pretty good at responding.

• Like 3

A quick look shows It's held by 2 clips, and a pita of a job if done by the book