Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emissions not registered

Melheaton

I've recently bought a Toyota Aygo and bought it because it's cheap on insurance and tax. I've come to tax it and they want £180 a year instead of the £20. When asking why, they stated the car emissions were not registered when the car was registered and the default is £180. They won't accept proof of emissions as it had to be when it was registered... 15 years ago. I don't know what to do as this was an error 15 years ago and I'm being penelised for it 

I've only got the bottom section as it's been sent off for new ownership 

If it's a black model, its £20 a year, have you been given the correct buyer's slip, does the reg on the paperwork match the car

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If it's a black model, its £20 a year, have you been given the correct buyer's slip, does the reg on the paperwork match the car

Yeh it matches. Yeh it's the black model 

That's just bizarre... is it somehow an import or something?? I can't believe the previous owner had been paying £180 this whole time for a £20 tax car...!

Is there anything in the paperwork that you can use to track down the original dealer??

• Like 1

Should be in the service & warranty book if you have it. Then again how many dealers, etc have changed hands or gone bump in the past 15 years ....

• Like 2

On the case as we speak 👍 just waiting for a PM

• Like 2

Hi guys, I've sorted it hopefully. I spoke to another person at DVLA and they said when I'm log book comes.back to send it to them.with a cover letter and they will update it