Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service !!

Filip.08

Hi everyone I booked an appointment few weeks ago for MOT and service , however I was planning a few trips which didn't happened and I still got 800 miles on it , tbh I  don't know what to do , MOT is expiring on 28  June , no way I will do 800 till 28   , thanks , hopefully I explained it properly ))) 

Hi, 

you have 800 miles until you reach 10000 miles? If that’s what worries you then the sooner you service the better is for the car. The service schedule is 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. You don’t need to wait to reach 10k miles to get your car serviced.  Nothing to worry here, just attend your appointment and get your car checked and service as per your booking. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Just now, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

you have 800 miles until you reach 10000 miles? If that’s what worries you then the sooner you service the better is for the car. The service schedule is 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. You don’t need to wait to reach 10k miles to get your car serviced.  Nothing to worry here, just attend your appointment and get your car checked and service as per your booking. 
Regards 

Yes 10k , and i thought for a second that I explained myself in English on 10+ ))) ok i will go then , thanks for your help)

• Like 1

If the anniverary for both M.o.T. and service are the same, i.e. 28th June, then the service is due anyway at 12 months (Tony's post).

Or have I read it wrong?

Better sooner than later. I do my changes at 6k miles, and if driven a lot during summer the oil can be nasty.

Would not recommend doing it as Americans do, every 3k miles or so, i don't know if they use cooking oil in their cars or something, needing to change it that often.

Looks more like some enforced trend by oil changing places, and people being too naive to believe them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes 5-8k miles/8 months is recommended for people who do short trips <20 mins, and city driving. That way the engine will not consume any oil, less prone to EGR valve clogging and dead catalytic converter. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links