Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 & Go voice commands

Smani

Hi all,

Found quite appalling the system on my 17 plate hasn't got voice recognition.  Registered the system on My Toyota and could not find any update that would bring this feature in. It seems the previous owner uploaded most of the updates available anyway but voice recognition is not there. Why having the key on the steering wheel then?

To be honest it's on my car and I've not found the built in system to be very good, button works well enough when I've got it connected to Android Auto.  The built in system does not appear to be very intuitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

The built in system does not appear to be very intuitive.

Intuitive?  Dreadful more like.  

Phone call works after a fashion except calling a person with more than one number.  It offers 1, 2 etc but I have yet to get it to recognise which line I want. 

Addresses have to be full and if it is house name, and street, forget it.  I haven't tried so speak a post code.  Quicker to type it. 

My Garmin is completely hands free for addresses. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smani said:

Why having the key on the steering wheel then?

Vexing, isn't it? I believe voice command was available on 'higher' grades of the 4.4 but not on the 'lower' grades - but the steering wheel and associated buttons are common to both. I suspect that you are missing some hardware but have no idea whether it is retro-fittable.

I had voice commands on my 4.3 (didn't work too well) but they were missing from my 4.4 though I had a very nice button.

• Like 2

Just had a short drive in the village, voice command for destination with full details total failure. 

Mind you, it does say CITY,  perhaos it doesn't recognises villages. 

I also find map detail can be spubik.  Diverted off a main road the only roads on the map led back to the main road.  I told the driver to take an off-display road.  Once on that road the map detail changed.  Too late if you are not familiar with an area. 

Oh, gosh! after the comments above, better not to have then! 😁

No, really, very appalling as I had on a basic of the basics FIAT about 13 years ago. That thing didn't have SatNav but worked very well to make calls and to navigate through the audio system.

Today I made a 95 mile trip to Wakefield. The system announced that I was being rerouted due to traffic at least 40 times, some of them just a few seconds apart. When I got there I input a street called Towngate which I knew was 2 miles away. Several choices came up and the nearest one was in Barnsley! I haven't tried to use voice since a few weeks after I got the car, life is too short. It's a poor and outdated system which lets a great car down.

• Like 1

Use Android Auto, very  stable and excellent routing, Waze is updated by users so normally very accurate and timely.

• Like 1