Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Yaris Mk2 headlamps all the same?

The23rdman

I have the usual uv damage that Toyota headlamp units are prone to on my 1.8 SR. I've always cleaned them up and coated them myself, but it always needs doing again eventually,so I just going to replace them this time. Are the units for the 1.8 SR the same as for the other versions in the range?

No they are not the same, SR is built in Japan others are built in France.
They have different connectors and bulb holder size, you can make them work with some creativity; saves a bunch of money

42 minutes ago, lani100 said:

No they are not the same, SR is built in Japan others are built in France.
They have different connectors and bulb holder size, you can make them work with some creativity; saves a bunch of money

Damn, I thought that might be the case. Okay, maybe I’ll go back to option 1 and just recoat them properly. 

Thanks for the reply. 

They are silly money from the dealers if they are not too far gone to polish and reseal them

8 hours ago, The23rdman said:

Damn, I thought that might be the case. Okay, maybe I’ll go back to option 1 and just recoat them properly. 

Thanks for the reply. 

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

They are silly money from the dealers if they are not too far gone to polish and reseal them

Pretty sure my part numbers are good, PM your chassis number to confirm, prices are + vat

image.thumb.png.1245fd580e767b8173cc7e8266ac5169.png

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Pretty sure my part numbers are good, PM your chassis number to confirm, prices are + vat

image.thumb.png.1245fd580e767b8173cc7e8266ac5169.png

Thanks mate. PM on the way…

That's not too bad, it must be the Mk1 i was thinking of

part numbers are correct for an RHD 2007 ZSP90

43 minutes ago, The23rdman said:

Thanks mate. PM on the way…

Part numbers are correct

6 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Part numbers are correct

Thanks. I’ll give you a shout when I’m ready to get them done. Probably after the MOT at the end of the month.

How easy are these to fit?

13 hours ago, The23rdman said:

How easy are these to fit?

Hopefully on earlier versions it's not as involved as 2011+ models. Where in a piece of design excellence the relevant side of the front bumper moulding has to be partially released to access fixing(s?). Not the end of the world but ---------------!

1 minute ago, mrpj1 said:

Hopefully on earlier versions it's not as involved as 2011+ models. Where in a piece of design excellence the relevant side of the front bumper moulding has to be partially released to access fixing(s?). Not the end of the world but ---------------!

I just had a look on YouTube, and you do have to remove/release the front bumper to do it. As you say, not the end of the world, but not ideal. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links