Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, first time toyota owner, so far not good

Curtis10691

I recently bought a rav l4 t180 dcat i thought id treat myself to a nice suv after being spoiled by a hire car, '21 nissan qashqai, which was quite an upgrade from my 07 kia sportage.

Now after only a few months my rav4 has the p2002 code and going into limp mode, in which forum should i ask for help?

Just do a quick Google search, it will tell you, p2002 looks to be mostly exhaust system

Engine code P2002 usually goes off in response to irregular back pressure in your exhaust system. Although the engine code could result from low-quality diesel or a broken pressure sensor, here are the most common causes:

Broken or clogged Diesel Particulate Filter

Leak in your exhaust system

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, Curtis10691 said:

I recently bought a rav l4 t180 dcat i thought id treat myself to a nice suv after being spoiled by a hire car, '21 nissan qashqai, which was quite an upgrade from my 07 kia sportage.

Now after only a few months my rav4 has the p2002 code and going into limp mode, in which forum should i ask for help?

How about the RAV4 club forum.

Moved to the Rav4 forum.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, 2toyos said:

Just do a quick Google search, it will tell you, p2002 looks to be mostly exhaust system

Engine code P2002 usually goes off in response to irregular back pressure in your exhaust system. Although the engine code could result from low-quality diesel or a broken pressure sensor, here are the most common causes:

Broken or clogged Diesel Particulate Filter

Leak in your exhaust system

How will i know which one it is?

An exhaust leak may be spotted if you start the car when cold and look over the exhaust system underneath and see if you see any obvious leaks.

The important thing is to use good quality fuel, eg Shell Vpower and drive it properly opening it up now and then to clean it out and let it breath.