Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 security

Starensis

Been seeing a few pics lately in and around Midlands where MK4 have been having their windows smashed, car taken and then alloy wheels taken.

MK4 comes with built-in alarm system, so was wondering if system is  not just voltage drop detection ( door open ), but also interior microwave sensing?  Anyone managed to test theirs?

8BEC77A1-6DDF-4865-8C0B-831DC9427C5B.thumb.jpeg.d5a128d5c95969b95ae953ff56134867.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thatcham Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser is only fitted on the GR Yaris.

March-2022-OE-1.pdf (thatcham.org)

Yaris hybrid will have a Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser - any alarm if fitted will be basic & not be insurance approved. 

If they want it they will take what they want, does the mk4 not have locking wheel nuts - no alarm on the mk4 unless it's dealer fit

• Like 1

Just now, flash22 said:

If they want it they will take what they want, does the mk4 not have locking wheel nuts - no alarm on the mk4 unless it's dealer fit

The locking wheel nut key is normally inside the vehicle somewhere.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Been seeing a few pics lately in and around Midlands where MK4 have been having their windows smashed, car taken and then alloy wheels taken.

MK4 comes with built-in alarm system, so was wondering if system is  not just voltage drop detection ( door open ), but also interior microwave sensing?  Anyone managed to test theirs?

8BEC77A1-6DDF-4865-8C0B-831DC9427C5B.thumb.jpeg.d5a128d5c95969b95ae953ff56134867.jpeg

Oh no, 

it used to be the cats now the wheels 🫢

Where is  the best place to hide the locking wheel nut set then? 🤔

Under the back seat - in the engine bay - cable tied under the front seat, im surprised they didn't take the front end and rear lights unless they got disturbed

looks like the car was parked there, by the amount of glass on the road

• Like 1

I could have sworn the Design spec info on site at the time listed immobiliser and alarm as standard.

EDIT - Just looked on Toyota site and lists both GR and Design specs as having intrusion alarm as standard.

I think the keyless Mk4's have an alarm, not sure about the normal ones. Not sure what the triggers are; No interior motion sensors that I can see. I know it'll go off if you open the door with just the emergency key like the Auris one does tho'.

But seriously, why would anyone steal the 16" rims *from a Yaris* ?!?!?! :confused1:

They're just normal cast ally, not even that nice or light! I could understand if it was the GR Yaris Circuit Pack, rims as those are forged alloy and 1 probably cost near all 4 of a normal Yaris' rims... but the 16" rims?! Is it because they are 5-stud? Are 5-stud alloys in particular demand in the criminal underworld??

Good grief, that's an unexpected Pro to me switching to 15" steel rims!! :eek: 

• Like 1

Nothing on the website, it just shows immobilizer - in the brochure it does show it has an immobilizer and intrusion alarm, the "alarm" is more than likely is just an alert through the MyT app not an actual alarm - alarm

the spec for the toyota media archives shows an alarm but no specifics to it tho, a basic alarm that uses the door pins only

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/220208M-Yaris-Equip-List.pdf

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Nothing on the website, it just shows immobilizer - in the brochure it does show it has an immobilizer and intrusion alarm, the "alarm" is more than likely is just an alert through the MyT app not an actual alarm - alarm

the spec for the toyota media archives shows an alarm but no specifics to it tho, a basic alarm that uses the door pins only

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/220208M-Yaris-Equip-List.pdf

I was of the understanding all now have full alarm on UK specs. 
I’m away abroad atm, so will have a check on mine when we get back.

Okay I just tested mine by opening it with the mechanical key and it definitely has an alarm!!!

WHAT?? YES IT IS A BIT LOUD!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Okay I just tested mine by opening it with the mechanical key and it definitely has an alarm!!!

WHAT?? YES IT IS A BIT LOUD!!

Mine too! 

8 minutes ago, CPN said:

Mine too! 

Well, that’s a relief. Thought I was going mad. 🤪

Anyone checked if it has intrusion sensing?

Lock car with fob whilst inside, wait 1 minute and then move around.

It's a software alarm built into the ecu/b-ecu

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

Anyone checked if it has intrusion sensing?

Lock car with fob whilst inside, wait 1 minute and then move around.

Sorry mate far too hot today for me to even think about trying that in this toaster oven! :laugh: 

Didn't even make it to the bottom of my road with the windows open before I caved, closed them all and fired up the AC on Fast :laugh: 

I don't see any sensors tho' so the only way I imagine it could is if the gyros/incline sensors can detect rocking motions or something, but I haven't heard the alarm go off when e.g. an artic flies past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It's a software alarm built into the ecu/b-ecu

Can you confirm if intrusion sensing is part of it? 

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

no alarm on the mk4 unless it's dealer fit

image.thumb.png.f5edcb7e2e841516dffa25c39a94ebdd.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, anchorman said:

image.thumb.png.f5edcb7e2e841516dffa25c39a94ebdd.png

Please read my other posts

12 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Can you confirm if intrusion sensing is part of it? 

nothing stated in the technical documents. So it will be the door, bonnet and boot switches only - intrusion sensing = opening a door

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Please read my other posts

Can’t be ubikd 😉.  Just responding to that one.  Only trying to be helpful 👍

Just now, anchorman said:

Can’t be ubikd 😉.  Just responding to that one.  Only trying to be helpful 👍

Sorry, woke snowflake filter changed the word but not too offensive!

you mean can't be rear seated :laugh: 

(Okay that joke only makes sense to people who read that bz4x thread :laugh: )

• Like 1

Don, have you been at the gin again

anyhoo back to making this wiring loom

Very disappointed how they can be stolen considering the immobiliser. Are they using the ODB port?

27 minutes ago, Cs233 said:

Very disappointed how they can be stolen considering the immobiliser. Are they using the ODB port?

Not sure it was stolen tbh.