Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 security

Starensis

I assume it was taken before the window was smashed since there's glass there - Most likely a relay attack used to nick it then driven somewhere to be stripped; Not sure if the 2021 models have the key fobs that go to sleep after being stationary a while.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Please read my other posts

nothing stated in the technical documents. So it will be the door, bonnet and boot switches only - intrusion sensing = opening a door

At least it has something. They can still break glass - obtain wheel key from glovebox, then remove wheels without alarm being activated.

I keep our locking key in boot area. This way, they will need to open tailgate and alarm will be activated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

I keep our locking key in boot area. This way, they will need to open tailgate and alarm will be activated.

Same as me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_D said:

Same as me

And me..

• Like 1

Horrid that some low life has done this to someone's pride and joy. Good tip on the locking wheel nuts. Mine are in the glovebox. Can't see someone wanting the "Orion" alloys from my 2015 Auris though. James.

There's now a video of this Yaris doing the rounds on social media as it was just sent to me, the front ends missing as well - bumper, lights & bonnet all missing.

Screenshot_20220618-215337.png

• Like 1

Thing is, once bonnet is opened, alarm will go off, but they stand there with baseball bats and machetes to warn people off.

What chance have you got - other than to shoot the wankers in the head.  If you have a firearm of course. 😡

• Like 4

I'm not posting where I keep my my locking wheel nut key (It ain't in the glovebox).

1 hour ago, Auris James said:

Horrid that some low life has done this to someone's pride and joy. Good tip on the locking wheel nuts. Mine are in the glovebox. Can't see someone wanting the "Orion" alloys from my 2015 Auris though. James.

They will take anything - if it makes them £100. Never say never. Best be safe than sorry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I'm not posting where I keep my my locking wheel nut key (It ain't in the glovebox).

On your key ring? 😉

5 minutes ago, Starensis said:

On your key ring? 😉

Could be a useful defence against muggers, would you fancy being struck with that?

My box content two security locks, wheels and cat plate, but all hidden. I just don’t want those to stop by my car. 🤞

Maybe an alarm upgrade is required on the Yaris - this alarm seems to offer decent protection. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had that but my neighbours complained about the noise and property damage and my insurance premiums got seriously hiked up :sad: 

Now I'm trialling something a bit more neighbourhood friendly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anything that seriously inflicts pain on the f?£ers! 😃

19 hours ago, Starensis said:

At least it has something. They can still break glass - obtain wheel key from glovebox, then remove wheels without alarm being activated.

Once access is gained to the car via a smashed window including tailgate window the boot can be accessed through the flimsy parcel shelf or drop down the seats.

If any thief wants something bad enough then there is no stopping them really. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ICF said:

Once access is gained to the car via a smashed window including tailgate window the boot can be accessed through the flimsy parcel shelf or drop down the seats.

If any thief wants something bad enough then there is no stopping them really. 

True, but lets make their job difficult and not so easy to help themselves. I can drive with nylon on the side window for a day or two but can’t fly the car if they nicked the wheels 😉👍

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, Starensis said:

Anyone checked if it has intrusion sensing?

Yes and no it doesn't...

On 6/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, Starensis said:

Lock car with fob whilst inside, wait 1 minute and then move around.

Smart/Keyless entry models won't allow you to do that.

27 minutes ago, CPN said:

Yes and no it doesn't...

Smart/Keyless entry models won't allow you to do that.

You can……if you sit inside and someone locks it from outside car.

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

You can……if you sit inside and someone locks it from outside car.

I've tried it in mine and the car refuses to lock the doors and beeps incessantly to inform you also! I've tried it several times (accidentally) when my wife has been sat inside and the other (smart) key is lurking in her handbag... It just clicks a couple of times then unlocks and beeps for a long time...

(later): just tried it with the wife's key inside, switched to low power standby mode and you can lock the car from outside with the other key in that case only.

21 minutes ago, CPN said:

I've tried it in mine and the car refuses to lock the doors and beeps incessantly to inform you also! I've tried it several times (accidentally) when my wife has been sat inside and the other (smart) key is lurking in her handbag... It just clicks a couple of times then unlocks and beeps for a long time...

(later): just tried it with the wife's key inside, switched to low power standby mode and you can lock the car from outside with the other key in that case only.

I was referring more to opening car, get inside, pass same key to wife who is outside car, lock car, move key away from car, move around inside 30 seconds after locking.

55 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I was referring more to opening car, get inside, pass same key to wife who is outside car, lock car, move key away from car, move around inside 30 seconds after locking.

Gotcha! In that case, no amount of movement inside causes an alarm. However, I found out something else interesting! If you try and use the inside door handle to open the car, it's like there is some sort of motorised resistance to you pulling the handle and immediately you try to pull the handle, the main alarm goes off instantly! Even when you just grab the handle to start pulling! It's almost as if there is some sort of sensor in the handle itself (bit like the steering wheel when it detects you've let go of it for a time and guidance is on).

Later: found out what that "resistance" is, it is simply the car trying to forcibly re-lock that door whilst sounding the alarm. (this was without using the second button push to deadlock the inside handles)

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Gotcha! In that case, no amount of movement inside causes an alarm. However, I found out something else interesting! If you try and use the inside door handle to open the car, it's like there is some sort of motorised resistance to you pulling the handle and immediately you try to pull the handle, the main alarm goes off instantly! Even when you just grab the handle to start pulling! It's almost as if there is some sort of sensor in the handle itself (bit like the steering wheel when it detects you've let go of it for a time and guidance is on).

Later: found out what that "resistance" is, it is simply the car trying to forcibly re-lock that door whilst sounding the alarm. (this was without using the second button push to deadlock the inside handles)

Unusual. Alarm usually works off door switches opposed to door latch.

Did you really get your other half to lock you in the car?? :laugh: 

• Haha 2