Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 security

Starensis

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hey someone driving a Mk1 Yaris D4D managed to get something like 134mpg in a hypermiling challenge so the target is even higher! :laugh: 

I do wonder what someone could get out of a Mk4 with that sort of hypermiling tho' - If I can get it into the low 80's/high 70's with the way I drive, smeg knows what the guy who had the patience to get 134mpg out of a Mk1 could do! :laugh: 

I do admire french car design tho' - They really know how to design an actually small car that's still practical and looks good; Something a lot of manufacturers really don't do so well at.

I also like their innovation - They often have some incredible and clever ideas in their cars; They just have a total lack of consistency and seem to get bored and just call it day halfway through :laugh: 

That's some mpg Cyker, I'm guessing that you would have another d4d like a shot if they still made them, and your best friend Kahn had not outlawed them.

Re halfway design, some years ago my uncle left me a 80s Renault 4,if I remember right, the wheelbase on one side was longer than the other, not crashed, made that way.

• Haha 1

Not just the Renault 4, but also the 5, 6, and 16.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I agree entirely forkingabout,my ax was made of plastic panels and turkey foil, but it was cheap comparatively , and I knew I would be doing a huge milage.

So , I drove as defensively as possible aware of the danger, luckily no touches on other cars at all.

I did hit a rabbit unfortunately taking my brother home one day, it twisted the tinfoil bonnet, fractured the radiator , and made a right mess of the front.

The rabbit shook it's head and ran off happy and unharmed.

I had an 'incident' in a 1995 Ax 1.1 and the damage to that at less than 30mph should have written off a less than 2 week old car.  Unfortunately it was poorly repaired and kept going back.  The final bill was more than the value of the car.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I can picture the rest, trying to picture a 6.  Time to visit google!!!

Ah looks like a posher Renault 4, is it similar to the 2CV, Citroen Ami pair?

• Haha 1

Just now, Kental said:

I can picture the rest, trying to picture a 6.  Time to visit google!!!

Just an upmarket, re-panelled 4.

• Like 1

Suppose Yaris owners who have had their alloys pinched are relatively lucky - one quarter of a BMW (front passenger side, half a windscreen and passenger door) was discovered dumped on a Birmingham street on Sunday:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/a-quarter-bmw-found-dumped-24281955

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Ah, didn't know about the others.

What was the reason to make them like that I wonder.

The torsion bar suspension.

I see, thanks.

Must admit I'd have preferred to keep the Mk1 - The Mk4 is great, but it's not 8x better than the Mk1, yet that's how much more it cost me!!

• Like 1

Aye Cyker, I reckon this old mk 1 of mine is certainly the best value for money car that I have had of many.

And I do find a great comfort in knowing that I am not leaking money away on monthly payments,or any depreciation (notwithstanding the strange situation of appreciation just now).

Of course it would be different if I was not retired and not doing much milage, even if it was then I get the feeling this little car would stand a lot of hard use yet.😐

• Like 2

Yeah, I think most Yaris owners agree the Mk1's were the most solid ones - They were the successor to the Starlet, and IIRC were the beginning of Toyota's push into the european small-car space so the funky design and build quality, esp. from the japanese ones, was very high.

I do miss my one. It was definitely cuter than the rather angry-looking Mk4 :laugh: 

Our mk4 in white especially with the Tokyo Fusion front and rear stripes looks like a training shoe and I really like it. The light colour makes all the curves stand out.577B4822-98B1-4197-9323-867A78283B35.thumb.jpeg.866a89939ae2339ebf2fdfc396bfd9ee.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kental said:

Our mk4 in white especially with the Tokyo Fusion front and rear stripes looks like a training shoe and I really like it. The light colour makes all the curves stand out.577B4822-98B1-4197-9323-867A78283B35.thumb.jpeg.866a89939ae2339ebf2fdfc396bfd9ee.jpeg

Beautiful car 👌

Have you fitted cross climate tyres? How does the car feel with them? Quieter, softer drive, have you noticed any difference? I still can’t decide should I go for all season or just get another summer set of my favourite egp 2. 

• Like 1

Unbelievable how a few low lifes can ruin the lives of hard working people without getting punished...

I know that a lot of the robbed parts market is for export, but it baffles me that the manufacturers  do not implement programs to combat this travesty. One that worked wonderfully in Mexico was providing original auto parts at 'production' costs, so it was cheaper to replace your robbed outside mirrors with a distributor paying cash, than reporting the event with your insurance and paying the deductible. Of course there will always be a useful idiot that buys parts in the robbed market fueling the low lifes' line of work, but that program radically reduced the robbery from Toyota's and Honda's cars back then. I don't know if they continue with this policy, but it was a success from a marketing point of view, and I would guess that form a business side as well, because we ended buying a Honda, and a lot of people thought the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Beautiful car 👌

Have you fitted cross climate tyres? How does the car feel with them? Quieter, softer drive, have you noticed any difference? I still can’t decide should I go for all season or just get another summer set of my favourite egp 2. 

The Yaris has Cross Climate 2 tyres and it is quieter than the Continental Contacts it came with from the factory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1