Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2022 Go Navigation map updates

eyemdee

2 hours ago, Kental said:

I agree it is most likely software as the DCM must be working correctly as the fuel level, mileage and the incessant warnings that a door is unlocked while I am emptying the boot appear to work so the car must be communicating. 

I just tried leaving the boot open and walking away from the car but didn’t get any warning at all. I have notifications enabled on the MyT app so what am I missing?

2 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

I just tried leaving the boot open and walking away from the car but didn’t get any warning at all. I have notifications enabled on the MyT app so what am I missing?

It can take a while...

I was sat in my car with engine off for about 10 minutes before it alarmed to me that my keys were in the car with all doors unlocked!

On 7/1/2022 at 4:49 PM, forkingabout said:

There was a Smart Connect software update issued last month for the system, has you car got that installed?

Update - Copy.jpg

Is there any way of finding the Smart Connect software version installed? There is nothing in my history and it says No updates available but I collected my car on 13th June so I am wondering if it was updated in production.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, Tech429 said:

Now it does this all the time even though my profile has loaded on my works phone.  Case in point last week was driving to work and it did not track me at all - but on the way back it tracked my half-way - stopped - then add a second journey about 2 miles after... even though I had not stopped.

Again, all was well until Easter then it went all screwy

Anyhow soon taking it into Toyota for them to check the DCM.

Have you tried deleting all the driver profiles from the car? I have done this and so far it has solved the problem. After deleting them, from the language screen select English, then on the next screen select the option NOT to login to your account and then check the do not show this screen on start up box. The car then powers up normally with no profile messages and the Personal info displays CAR MULTIMEDIA. Pair your phones in bluetooth & Devices and all should be well. So far the app has tracked every journey and displays the car‘s true location, mileage and fuel shortly after switching off. It appears that the driver profile software is causing these problems and is not needed unless you really need to set up multiple drivers.

14 hours ago, eyemdee said:

It appears that the driver profile software is causing these problems...

Not in my case - I did the same as you (deleting the profile, etc.) and for the last couple of days have no issues with profile not loading (which is to be expected as there's technically no profile), but the car's current location and last trip recording are still hit and miss...as I mentioned in the "Profile not loading" thread, the issue is indeed software related as per Toyota Motor Europe's feedback, but with the DCM - obviously some MY22 vehicles are particularly affected like my TS and a patch is due. Truth is I really don't care about trips and hybrid coaching anymore, I track my mileage on a tank basis and that's good enough for me, but I'd like to keep track of car's location and to use Apple CarPlay - the latter seems to be working now without the profile failing and breaking the CarPlay initiation.

9 hours ago, imbecile said:

Not in my case - I did the same as you (deleting the profile, etc.) and for the last couple of days have no issues with profile not loading (which is to be expected as there's technically no profile), but the car's current location and last trip recording are still hit and miss...as I mentioned in the "Profile not loading" thread, the issue is indeed software related as per Toyota Motor Europe's feedback, but with the DCM - obviously some MY22 vehicles are particularly affected like my TS and a patch is due. Truth is I really don't care about trips and hybrid coaching anymore, I track my mileage on a tank basis and that's good enough for me, but I'd like to keep track of car's location and to use Apple CarPlay - the latter seems to be working now without the profile failing and breaking the CarPlay initiation.

Yes I agree. After a 70 mile journey with a stop for coffee this morning the journeys have not recorded and my car is showing still at home! I use Apple Car Play too and had to switch the phone off and on to get to connect today. At least we don’t get those pesky messages saying profile failed to load and requesting passwords etc. The software seems very buggy. I am beginning to wish I had kept my 2019 Corolla as I didn’t have any of this hassle with that.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an ongoing issue with the DCM.

Toyota are aware but not quick in getting it fixed by all accounts.

The MyT App is not part of the Profile system - that is only for pairing your phone to the multimedia system.  From March to April I had not linked my phone - and the MyT App worked perfectly well.  Then once I added my works phone - give it a couple of weeks then it stopped tracking journeys.

Now this might be the issue - so i am going to delete my profiles and then check back.  However I have been informed by Toyota that the MyT App can and does still work independently of the account profiles as it merely picks up the signals and telemetry readings and data from the vehicle.  It is the DCM that is at fault.

I'm still waiting to have the DCM and software updated forcefully via Toyota - even have a job card in locally at the dealership but they are not contacting me about getting it in to do.