Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross Packs

Amanda76

I am curious to know what packs people have gone for with the Yaris Cross. Ordered my Excel last week with pan roof and City and Adventure packs.  But now I’m having an internal battle about the City Pack - do I value a nicer, bigger, wireless connected screen over dynamic reversing lines and the other bits that the city pack comes with.  Interested to know what others have gone for, or thoughts on the matter 😊

Yes would be nice to have the park assist with the city pack but could end up regretting the downgraded infotainment. Also the delivery lead time might be longer. Then again, this is just conjecture, I have no real world  data to support either point.

I was tempted by the city pack because of the Panoramic View Monitor - 360 degree camera. I decided I would rather have the latest generation media instead - not sure whether that was a good decision or not!  The Advanced Parking Assist didn't interest me at all - I had park assist on my last car and only used it once to try it out! I never had a need for it - or more precisely, when I did have a need for it I would panic because I couldn't remember how to use it, and cars would be approaching from all directions... 🤣

• Like 1

I tried both at the dealer before ordering with the Smart Connect. The Touch 2 just felt clunky and dated to me. Whilst the 360 view is nice, I didn’t feel it necessary in addition to the reversing camera and proximity sensors. The newer 9” system is much more responsive and wireless CarPlay sealed the deal for me.

The boot protection pack is worth having if you are likely to load anything messy.

I agonised over the JBL Speakers. Expensive for what they are but I’m still really glad I went for the upgrade.

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies on this topic. Now I am wondering about the pre-delivery dealer fit Dashcam option. I gather this isn't a factory item but it is on the price list.

I’ve emailed the dealer and asked if my City Pack can be cancelled, think I value the better multi media system over 360° view and dynamic reversing lines (manage just fine with the static ones on my Yaris Mk4). 

Baytree, is the Dashcam fitting something your dealership offers? I might look into this for mine 

• Like 1

Amanda agree with that.  When I ordered my City Pack as it was only £100 we didn't realise it was either or, and neither did the dealer. 

As the name implies, it would be much more useful if you used the car as a city run a round with little need of the Sat Nav. 

We cancelled the City Pack. 

Just make sure your invoice is reduced bu £100 plus 20% VAT. 

@Amanda76 The dealer can fit one but as it’s on the official list of extras, you would think it was a factory fit option. That would be my preference since removing and replacing panels is just asking for squeaks later on. 

The topic of dashcams has been discussed on here before so maybe someone will say how they got theirs done.

Baytree, Amanda,

Paid dealer to fit the Nextbase Dashcam in the accessories list - front and back cameras.  It is more of a commercial offering with no screen but I really did not need that.

Good quality pictures but

Make sure fitters use the USB connection in the supplied base plate for the front camera. First go they used the connection on side of camera and it was a little crude. Luckily I read the instructions.

Make sure fitters set it so front lens is just below the dotted shading on the windscreen. Pictures on another thread of camera set too low.

Make sure fitters do not line up rear camera lens with line on rear screen for heated window. 🤔

All dash came using piggy back fuse connection mean that fuse box lid does not go back on. I put my lid on with the manual.

The dealer did a good job, took all day but that suited me. Also one from piece came loose and they put it back properly.

PS there was a Battery pack with the package I got that resides in the base plate.

Other threads list alternatives but this suited me, with dealer responsible for any issues.

• Like 1

The dealer will almost certainly have cameras fitted so ask to see it. 

28 minutes ago, RedToyota said:

The dealer did a good job, took all day but that suited me.

Excellent write up, @RedToyota, very grateful for that. Just wondering if you specified the cam when ordering the car and it was always up to the dealer to fit as opposed to the factory?

Baytree,

No, it was an afterthought as I planned to install my older Nextbase cam from my previous car until I saw the nice new interior.

I believe it is always a dealer accessory/ fit. If it was a factory option the fuse box lid could be put back on. 😁 PS you do not notice it missing.

When examining my car for PX the dealer saw I had front and rear cams and put these against the new car at no cost. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

When examining my car for PX the dealer saw I had front and rear cams and put these against the new car at no cost. 

Were those the 'official' dealer-fit dashcams? The one in my Mk2 weren't and my dealer wouldn't give me anything for it in the PX so I removed it and sold it to a friend :laugh: