Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid MK4 battery location and aligator clip attatchment positions

Derek.w

Just a picture of connecting via aligator clips under car seat for charging purposes

please remove at least the red + aligator before driving,

you dont want it moving and shorting to frame of the seat.

IMG_0298.JPEG

IMG_0299.JPEG

I don’t understand why you would consider driving off leaving any connection attached to the Battery. Surely it’s just as easy to remove both as it is to remove one. Plus as a Don (Anchorman) has pointed out it’s much easier to use the charging point under the bonnet, if you’ve found it necessary to charge your Battery.🤔.

• Like 1

I think the permanent connector is a much better option - Saves having to access the Battery compartment, which is a faff if it's inside the car, and greatly reduces the risk of blowing something up due to one of the clamps slipping off!

I should remind everyone that DevonAygo has said the engine bay terminals are only meant for 'jump starting' the car and not really meant for charging the Battery. He hasn't said why, but if that's the official line then be careful if you do!

I'm under the impression that it's connected to the output side of the DC-DC system and not directly to the Battery, but I'm too lazy to research it further :laugh: 

I agree if you look close you see extra wires added to ground and a non standard fuse block connected, a Batterymonitor attatched to Battery using Command velcro stickers.

The aligator clips are for a tempory quick fix you need to remove them before driving.

Mine is hard wired so aligator clips are now redundent.

I still have the option of pluging in a mains charger when winter comes around via a seperate dedicated socket.

• Like 1

I have fitted a extra set of electric plugs so I can detach solar panel from both ends.

I used eylets connectors on positive terminal and two on the ground beside the Battery

seat was not removed just the inspection cover under the seat.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links