Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Headlights

venomx

MK2 Yaris 08

I managed to replace the driver side headlight the other day no problems, the passenger side however is close to impossible without taking the bumper off ( according to YouTube )

Do you guys have any tips, is it just best to take it to Toyota when it goes ? I know it's best to replace them in  pairs as they tend to go about the same time.  I'd assume by the winter it will probably be worn out so just asking in advance

Thanks !

What's "gone" though? By "headlight" are you referring to the complete assembly or one of the lamps, bulbs grow in The Netherlands.:ph34r:

I've recently changed both my H4 lamps and the driver's side was the least accessible. Only one had failed but both the same age. However, a 2014 Mk 3.

The driver's side sidelight is a different kettle of fish sadly, when that needs replacing. Virtually impossible access. For fear of repeating myself, another example of design excellence. Much better than some marques though!

4 hours ago, venomx said:

MK2 Yaris 08

I managed to replace the driver side headlight the other day no problems, the passenger side however is close to impossible without taking the bumper off ( according to YouTube )

Do you guys have any tips, is it just best to take it to Toyota when it goes ? I know it's best to replace them in  pairs as they tend to go about the same time.  I'd assume by the winter it will probably be worn out so just asking in advance

Thanks !

Hi Terry, plenty of how to videos on utube on how to replace, not a seriously difficult job for anyone with a few tools and a wee bit of knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Did it within 25 minutes. 

Required a flat head, and a few sockets. A lot easier than I expected 🙂 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links