Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear washer not working, no pump noise

Plantwoman

The rear washer has ceased to work on my Verso S, I can't hear the motor running when I want to apply water.  The wiper itself works fine and using a foot pump to blow back to the water bottle has shown that it's not blocked.  That doesn't surprise me because the problem seems to be with the pump, I can't hear it.  The front washer and wipers are fine.  

I have googled this for you and apparently the rear and front washer pumps share the same tank it looks like the pumps sit side by side.

I think you have to remove the near side wheel and wing under shield. Pull the plug of the pump and see if you have 12 volts at the plug get someone to operate the switch if you haven’t got 12 volts or thereabouts the pump is faulty. Or a broken wire.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've been putting up with the lack of rear washer for months but now the time has come to get it sorted.  Can anyone tell me if there is a fuse for each of the front and back pump, or whether it's one fuse for both combined?  I ask because the front one works OK and if it's a combined fuse, then that would rule that out.  I've had a look at manual but it's not clear.

• Like 1

Actually I've found that it is in fact, one fuse for both rear and front.  The front works so it can't be the fuse.

• Like 1

It's not unusual for a washer pump to die, the genuine ones are expensive, like £150 ish It's not the same pump as the front, but you might be able to swap the connections over to see if it works, if not have the connections tested to rule out any lack of feed to the pump

• Like 1

Hi Jaqui,

if you have a look at the link below to eBay, you'll see a complete washer bottle and pumps for your 2011 Verso.

Like Parts King states, he's in the business unlike me, you could have the pump for the rear wash fail and the front washer pump still working especially if there's just one fuse. If you can hear the front pump running but not the rear one it's almost certain to be a failed rear washer pump. There'll be wires and connectors for each pump but  just the one fuse.

You can see the two pumps on the washer bottle in the image from eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373940318864?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3AVerso&hash=item5710947290:g:t88AAOSwJfdiEZ5W&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4GV4zaZGKQAilOT0Q%2BIU8y7GEhOyqAWs9oWVW9CNAct%2FO9tK1Ff6EcebTzlKMBAKUGWjRjIKPA%2FY1V4yihHoRiK%2FKiOl2JjiMV8luIIqd%2BoPoDb22AyGAFdBg6CGHp0zsB9R4ZCo%2BBKdIDGT2WKNnqOCNuNRlkaYUy2SahFo9mDbDTuqohk2DatxClyicNlHCyjFSssAQwwYYnNjmKQRxvGbVT0FJCVWVxcCvku44owqghGdGRaFbCKNobNVhCBSNmWTV9n3iZlQvtsuEfhROpK%2BsXaYIQsHf0ytDSdX54Q0|tkp%3ABFBMnIaq_8Jh

You could replace the whole assembley or just replace the rear pump, again a link to one for yor veicle on eBay. The pumps a lot cheaper but it may be easier changing the whole bottle assembley.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275291564797?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3AVerso&hash=item4018a7eafd:g:LJgAAOSw8ntiao5c

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks very much Derek and Parts King. 😁

• Thanks 1