Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sliding door not locking

Brenw

Hi folks

Irish user here. My 2010 2.4 Hybrid Estima was due it's NCT this morning and, as God seems to have a humourous side, the driver's side passenger sliding door refuses to lock shut. 

I've checked the kids haven't left any rouge action figures or toffees for me to find inside the runners/jam of the door. 

When I close the door it does it usual closing and then locking action, but it appears the rear lock doesnt engage. 

It then releases again and sound an audible alarm. 

I've fired WD40 and copper grease at it. 

Any ideas? 

It has power doors on both sided but now that the door opens itself upon closing, it's disabled the power door feature on that door.

Any ideas where to check next? 

Last thing I did before running out if light was to disconnect the 12v Battery in the hope of clearing it but I was clutching at straws. 

Bren

Videos of none-working door and working door latch. 

I'm just pushing the latch with the screwdriver. Notice how working side stays closed and non-working side releases the mechanism again on its own. 

Incase the videos don't play:

Looks like the latch has failed, i would first check the contact strip on the door

have you checked the rear latch on the door

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

Looks like the latch has failed, i would first check the contact strip on the door

have you checked the rear latch on the door

Cheers flash. 

Where's the contact strip on the door? 

And is it a door off job to get that latch out? 

I'll give it a go myself, I have the tools. 

OK an update, after lubing up the latch with all manner of penetrating oil it's now freed itself and is back working 100%

Ive greesed up all the latches and the inner workings of the door while the doorcards were off. (doorcards an absolute **** to get back on)

Thanks Flash! 

• Like 1