Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c compressor

craig83

So my a/c compressor has given up on my 2005 avensis estate after I had it re gassed. Its the 2.0ltr vvti petrol engine. I got this code off the compressor 5se12c ge447220. Question is, do I have to replace it with a Denso one or does anyone know of another cheaper alternative that is a straight swap for the denso original one? 

You can change it for any brand you want, as long as it fits the car and it the same spec.

Just do some Googling until you find something that suits you.

Amazon have it but it's dear and I would keep looking for the best price.

• Like 1

Best deal here: https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/eis-compressor-a-c-232820592

£320 with code smr18 goes down to £262. 👍

Or pick from here https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=Compressor+5SE12C

There is a note to replace the dryer too. 

• Like 1

is it possible to bypass the pump unless you looking for  ac the price to fix it is alot of money going by the age of the car i guess .when my ac craps out that is what i for sure will do bypass the ac pump but for sure get a genuine toyota belt .i heard those other brands of belts makes a annoying squeak 

Yeah I did that with my last avensis but I'm going to replace the compressor on this one, I don't mind throwing a bit of cash at it! I have access to a garage and a/c relevant equipment so shouldn't be to big of a job. 

• Like 1

There is nothing to be gained by bypassing the pump because if it's not pumping, it's no more than a pulley.

• Like 1

Curiously, past members have reported better mpgs from bypassing the AC with the shorter belt, but it may be those compressors were so shagged they'd seized on!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

Curiously, past members have reported better mpgs from bypassing the AC with the shorter belt, but it may be those compressors were so shagged they'd seized on!

It's just like a money pit anything 2 do with AC and you are right less stress on the engine trying to move a piece of **** wore out AC compressor .anyone I know had a avensis by passed the AC compressor but for sure a genuine Toyota belt any other you will hear a anoying noise as it's a hair 2 big