Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gray smoke and raw fuel smell at start-up

mertkaan1

Hello everyone,
I have a 2008 model 1.4 engine automatic Auris vehicle.
It throws gray smoke for about 10-15 seconds on first start up. Its smell is in the form of raw diesel.
Injector maintenance, engine gasket replacement was done in my vehicle. Change spark plugs. EGR and Catalytic converters checked. However, the problem still persists. Is there anything I missed? I'm waiting for your help.

Also check the glow plugs as the symptom is there How many kilometers does the meter write? Does the vehicle burn oil after what you did?

car at 200,000 kilometers. i changed the glow plugs. I couldn't find the original spark plug. The spark plug that came out was long, the one we put in was short. Fat burning is not available. They said the injector is dripping but when checked on the machine there is no dripping. They said that sometimes they can't see the drip in the machine. I don't know if this is true.

These are not serious answers from professional engineers Short glow plugs are more likely to cause this problem, even if the nozzle is actually "peeing" and smoke is a symptom. Must be a qualified engineer only for nozzles with a suitable TOUOTA machine

Who are these people? They sound like cowboys!

The wrong glowplugs would likely cause this as they won't heat the right area up and the initial diesel charge won't get hot enough to ignite until the engine's spun over a few times.

How many times does the engine have to crank before it starts? If it's more than 4-5 then I reckon it's almost definitely the glow plugs. My D4D would start with only 1-2 cranks at this time of year!

Also, do you set the ignition to position 2 then wait for glowplug light to go out, or just try and start the engine immediately?

Lastly, don't mix up glowplugs (only diesels) and sparkplugs (only petrols/gasoline) - They are 2 totally different things that do totally different jobs, and it will get confusing.

Edit: Just so I'm absolutely sure, is this a 1.4 petrol or a 1.4 diesel car??

• Like 2

Sorry for my typos. My English is not good enough. I'm just someone looking for a solution. My car is 1.4 diesel. When the glow plug light goes out, I start it and the car starts with one start. First, my vehicle was connected to the device at the Toyota authorized service and it was said that the injector values of 3 and 4 were bad. But I had it done a month ago. Now I found a good technical service, I will have it checked again during the week and as you said, I will have the originals of the glow plugs installed. I will let you know.

The diagnostic machine that checks the injectors the technician is from Toyota; You must also keep in mind that the injectors must be checked while the vehicle is moving in order to have a complete picture of the injectors. It does not only reach immobility and idle or throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced injector nozzles. When I checked the nozzles, there was scraping at the ends. Vehicle traction was much better. But on the first start, the smoke continues. There was an increase in the smell of raw diesel. No smoke when using. I will now replace the spark plugs with the original denso. I will inform you.