Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone have any updates on when the bZ4x will be shipped to Ireland

DíarmuidIRL

Hi all,

Was talking to my garage in Ireland today, they were originally hoping for a testing model to be available early this week, then it was this Thursday or Friday, now it is being pushed out to next week. I saw on Twitter that at least one bZ4x has arrived in Ireland.

He was also saying that due to the shutdowns in Shanghai there are delays in shipping ordered models.  The Toyota system was telling him that a car ordered now would be delivered at end of June/early July but he is predicting late September.  Anyone with anything they can add please

Only comment I can make is that all BZ4Xs supplied globally are made in Japan. Something made in China will be in the cars, nothing these days isnt, which may have a knock on impact

• Like 1

Any delays are probably due to semiconductor and parts shortages - see:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

re: BZ4X Recall. Anyone in Ireland have more info? I see the UK guys post recall are saying mid September. I was just given July 27th as a new date. Any accuracy to it?

• Like 1

I heard someone is getting a sports model on the 16th July in Dublin so are they are all going to be delivered on the 27th July….Has anyone anyone any update on this?

• Like 1

The 'recall' is global and no one appears to have details of or timescales for the fix right now - so it's a global delay. Your dealers in Ireland are probably the only folk that can give a sensible view on when they are likely to be available.

• Like 1

I was told by Toyota Online on Wednesday the date is mid August subject to the recall being sorted. I suspect there are quite a few people in the UK who like me are considering asking them to move delivery to 1st September so we get a 72 rather than 22 plate on the car (helps depreciation apparently), so that might be why some people are saying September. 
Also my mid August date is to the dealer, who then has to do all their pre delivery checks before handing over to me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The 'recall' is global and no one appears to have details of or timescales for the fix right now - so it's a global delay. Your dealers in Ireland are probably the only folk that can give a sensible view on when they are likely to be available.

Yes Philip- that is why I have asked specifically what others in Ireland have heard from their dealers…

My dealer said mid to late Aug but that was after the recall was announced  for my car (sports model).  He was vague about it at the time.   Someone else told me they were told 16th July as recently as last week so perhaps it is being pushed forward.  Apparently only 3 cars are affected in the Irish batch so can’t see what the delay is …..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Good girl said:

My dealer said mid to late Aug but that was after the recall was announced  for my car (sports model).  He was vague about it at the time.   Someone else told me they were told 16th July as recently as last week so perhaps it is being pushed forward.  Apparently only 3 cars are affected in the Irish batch so can’t see what the delay is …..

Toyota will want to make 100% sure that the issue is completely fixed before allowing vehicles to reach the end user. 

Toyota has had enough bad press & publicity in the past with product recalls so they wont take any chances. 

• Like 1

Well, they don't want the wheels falling off this product launch, do they now

• Like 2

So it's more than just the lug nuts/bolts need tightening then...? That's all I assumed it was (That they weren't tightener properly at factory)

Bolts made from the wrong grade metal ?? Pulling threads, or the hubs are made from chinesium

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

Bolts made from the wrong grade metal ?? Pulling threads, or the hubs are made from chinesium

That would be my guess stripped threads, I like the new material Bob, 'Chinesium'

Anyone been given a specific delivery date for the sport model to Ireland  or have any other relevant info?

11 minutes ago, Good girl said:

Anyone been given a specific delivery date for the sport model to Ireland  or have any other relevant info?

Any delivery dates will be estimates.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, Games24 said:

re: BZ4X Recall. Anyone in Ireland have more info? I see the UK guys post recall are saying mid September. I was just given July 27th as a new date. Any accuracy to it?

I haven't got any information from my dealer except due to the recall their demo car hasn't been delivered

Was talking to my dealer today, he said there was nothing official but his understanding is that Toyota have identified a fix, now have to design & produce a new part, this will then be shipped to replace the offending parts on cars already in Europe and waiting to be shipped.  Then applied to the production line.  He said he expected to make his first deliveries in September.  As I said, not official but he's a good guy and can't see him making anything up to keep me sweet, the opposite in fact, he's normally cautious regarding delivery dates etc and then surprises me early.  

On 7/2/2022 at 10:08 AM, Good girl said:

Any update from the person that was told 16th July @Good girl

Dealer said hoping that it’ll be 11th - 25th Aug but not definite 

• Like 1

If the earlier topic is correct and the BZ4X plant is closed for August, the August delivery dates may be incorrect.

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the earlier topic is correct and the BZ4X plant is closed for August, the August delivery dates may be incorrect.

Equally, the hope is that Toyota have a solution to the issue and production will resume in September. If that is the case, the Toyota could be producing replacement parts to address the issue in cars already produced so that these could start becoming available in August / September. But that is pure conjecture at this stage - I have yet to see any announcement from Toyota to that effect. One must live in hope! 😉 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, philip42h said:

One must live in hope! 😉

I would advise against it but if you need to here's a map.😄

image.thumb.jpeg.64c510978ad469b8fdb80eb72e1147b6.jpeg

• Like 1

Several of the BZ4X Forums on Facebook have messages posted in the last day or so from people who've contacted Toyota USA directly looking for an update on the recall and have been told that there's no remedy or fix for the wheel issue and that an announcement/letter will be issued next next to customers and dealerships. There's also messages that there's a possibilty that all BZ4X's and Solterra's that have been produced to-date may have to be taken back to Japan and scrapped as they cannot be fixed at all. From what I've seen, it looks a lot more serious than inititally believed. It's not looking good for us Irish customers who are awaiting delivery.

Wow, if that turns out to be the case then there have to be some very serious design issues. It begs the question how in real life the problem occurs when it didn’t in testing?