Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 RAV4 SE

Melissa77

Hello, I just bought a 2018 Rav4 SE and have some issues the dealer says is normal.

The radio volume goes up and down on its own. They says it’s supposed to adjust to surrounding noise settings.

The sunroof opens about 90% of the way and I have to push the button a 2nd time for it to go the remaining 10%.

The steering goes from very tight to very loose. They said the electronic steering adjusts to road surfaces, speeds, etc.

There is an option on the settings to have the radio volume change to suit road noise Melissa, but you can untick it if you wish.

I'm not sure about the sunroof as I don't have one.

The steering query certainly does not sound right as even with electronic steering going from very tight to very loose is a dangerous phenomenon.

Other posts will confirm this Melissa.

• Like 1

As Iain has said I’m sure there will be an automatic volume setting that can be unselected.

The steering does not sound good, they typically all adjust but never noticed it other than it’s easier to turn the wheel at low speeds, parking etc, and tighter at motorway speeds.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Ernie and Iain, steering auto adjustment shouldn't be very perceptive.  And the dealer should demonstrate how to change the settings on the radio volume, instead of just saying "it is normal".  If you have other Toyota dealers nearby, try them.  I had lots of issues with a dealer quite recently and used another one for information and parts, which run the extra mile for me. 

But insist with them, where your bought, to check your steering wheel. If you suspect is wrong and they don't check, return the car. You have 30 days from the purchase.  Test drive others and compare.

• Like 2