Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Toyota RAV4 ...

philip42h

15 minutes ago, philip42h said:

If they have accepted an order for a MY22 car, that is typically what they will build for you, and they will delay production of MY23 cars until they've got through the backlog. You should get what you've ordered.

While they've dropped the Dynamic Premium as a specific grade, the PHEV is now available with a Premium pack option (just as the HEV always was). So anyone wanting a Dynamic Premium should now or a Dynamic with the Premium pack option.

If they were to honour an existing order, as they did with the Black edition, by building a car alongside the next MY grades then you'd stand half a chance of getting the best of both worlds. But since they stopped taking orders for MY22 cars a while back that isn't too likely to occur.

In terms of colour, the Dynamic is still two tone (if you like that sort of thing), and the only change I've spotted is the introduction of Platinum White Pearl - which, I guess, will simply replace the existing White Pearl ... 😉

Philip

Didn’t the Dynamic Premium also have some extras not fitted to the Dynamic such as memory seats and HUD, so it’s not exactly the same?

10 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Philip

Didn’t the Dynamic Premium also have some extras not fitted to the Dynamic such as memory seats and HUD, so it’s not exactly the same?

Maybe - detail on the MY23 specs is rather limited TBH. So, it may lose HUD and gain PVM ... ?

Edited by philip42h
I got ubik'ed
  • Haha 1

That's what I'm worried about - I'd rather not lose all the Premium features, even if it does get the newer dash and stereo.  On the other hand, if they were to build me a MY23 car with the old Dynamic Premium spec, I'd be very happy 😁

But since they stopped taking orders for MY22 cars a while back that isn't too likely to occur.

I'd like to ask:-

When did they stop taking orders for the MY22 option?

If my car dealer took an order for a PHEV Dynamic last Sunday (19/06/2022) am I likely to receive the MY23? I was quoted approx March 23 delivery. (Beginning to think the answer is in the question)

Does anybody know the difference between the Essential Protection Pack & the Protection + Pack, the dealer doesn't?

Has anyone had the home charger installed by British Gas? 

Did installation go smoothly & take place in a timely manner?

Do you think the charger is of a reasonable quality?

7 minutes ago, Class of 77 said:

But since they stopped taking orders for MY22 cars a while back that isn't too likely to occur.

I'd like to ask:-

When did they stop taking orders for the MY22 option?

If my car dealer took an order for a PHEV Dynamic last Sunday (19/06/2022) am I likely to receive the MY23? I was quoted approx March 23 delivery. (Beginning to think the answer is in the question)

Does anybody know the difference between the Essential Protection Pack & the Protection + Pack, the dealer doesn't?

The prices for MY22 and MY23 cars are different. Your order ought to state the retail price before whatever discount you have negotiated so you should be able to work out what your dealer thinks they are supplying. I'd bet on MY23 now TBH ... 😉 (as you say, the answer is pretty much in the question).

According to the brochure, Essential Protection includes rear bumper protection plate, boot liner and front & rear mud flaps. Protection + adds rubber floor mats as well.

I'd worry about a dealer who hasn't or can't read the brochure ...

• Like 1

This was mentioned in the deliver thread by myself around a month ago....

Toyota UK had sold the whole allocation of MY22 RAV4s by the end of April!  Dealers are no longer able to order vehicles without a confirmed finance quote or deposit for a cash order - this is to stop dealers ordering cars for 'Mr J Bloggs' and then selling them later.

Any order from May onwards will be a MY2023 unless....

.... you ordered an Adventure HEV or Dynamic Premium PHEV before they were removed from the pricelists, Toyota will fulfil that order just like the Black Edition this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

Any order from May onwards will be a MY2023 unless....

.... you ordered an Adventure HEV or Dynamic Premium PHEV before they were removed from the pricelists

... and both are 'available' on the June pricelist. It may well be that your earlier statement applies and they are no longer orderable even though they still appear on the pricelist.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, Class of 77 said:

Has anyone had the home charger installed by British Gas? 

Did installation go smoothly & take place in a timely manner?

Do you think the charger is of a reasonable quality?

a) Yes

b) Sort of

c) Sort of

The key question is, is it still "free"? Because if so, imho, its worthwhile and any inconveniences are worth it to save what must (now that the Ozev grant is gone for private homeowners) be at least a grand compared to nay alternative. 

The 'sort of' for b) is caveated by the fact that the last couple of months of the grant were chaos for all installers, and that was also mid-omicron first wave, so there were lots of manpower issues at BG. The actual professionism of the BG installers, both who came to do the survey & bloke who did the installation was top notch. 

As far as c) goes, there are far more user friendly chargers, plus plenty with more techie features and gimmicks, but for the most part this one simply works when I want it to work (off peak rates). The app is fairly atrocious tho, and since a recent update is completely bricked for me (although because I set the schedule before this update, it continues to operate as planned). Would be a nightmare for anyone with a full ev, or who wanted to charge here and there in the daytime as well. 

If I was spending my own money, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, especially if this was literally my only means of charging and my use-case was different, but £1000 is an awful lot of kwh, regardless of what tariff you're on! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mike2222 said:

a) Yes

b) Sort of

c) Sort of

The key question is, is it still "free"? Because if so, imho, its worthwhile and any inconveniences are worth it to save what must (now that the Ozev grant is gone for private homeowners) be at least a grand compared to nay alternative. 

The 'sort of' for b) is caveated by the fact that the last couple of months of the grant were chaos for all installers, and that was also mid-omicron first wave, so there were lots of manpower issues at BG. The actual professionism of the BG installers, both who came to do the survey & bloke who did the installation was top notch. 

As far as c) goes, there are far more user friendly chargers, plus plenty with more techie features and gimmicks, but for the most part this one simply works when I want it to work (off peak rates). The app is fairly atrocious tho, and since a recent update is completely bricked for me (although because I set the schedule before this update, it continues to operate as planned). Would be a nightmare for anyone with a full ev, or who wanted to charge here and there in the daytime as well. 

If I was spending my own money, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, especially if this was literally my only means of charging and my use-case was different, but £1000 is an awful lot of kwh, regardless of what tariff you're on! 

Off Topic

11 hours ago, FORBES said:

Off Topic

Reasonable response to a reasonable question. 

Would have been ludicrous to start a seperate topic to answer a question in this thread.

• Like 2

Topic drift happens and I’m please to say that the moderators on this forum a mindful of that fact.

Some of the new app features seem interesting such as the ability to open and close doors through the app or preheat the car. No chance they'll come to MY22 is there? I'm assuming not.

• 4 weeks later...

I placed an order 12July 2022 Rav4 PHEV Desigin and placed a £500 deposit . The price is locked plus a free supply and fit of BG EV hive wall charger . British Gas install team contacted me they were absolutely great they emailed me the day before asking for photos of water Earth strip ect . On the day of the video call they texted me 5 min to except there call. I told them it was going to be March 2023 🤞before the car came. They said call us 2/3 weeks before it arrives really impressed with the team and very swift reply to any emailed questions . I said I would get the EV wall charger installed sooner but my 3 yr warranty would start straight away , yes he said we are pushing our bosses to let customers have the charger earlier and activate once the car arrives 😳 . Anyway once all done next year I'll get the hive app and lower tariff between 11pm and 5am