Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ambient lighting

dee123456

I've had my 1.8 HB corolla (design) for 2 months and last night was the first night i've used it in the dark and wondered where the ambient lighting was because i couldn't see it. I waited until tonight to go back out and have a proper look. I can just about see it on the cup holders and the open tray but i can't see it at all on the front doors. I know it's supposed to have it because i double checked on the spec guide. Does anyone know why i can't see it please? Is there some way i can change this? I've had a look through everything that i can see on the infortainment system but nothing seems obvious. I would appreciate any help as it would save a trip to the dealers on Monday. Thanks in advance.

Hi Denise,

I had the same issue until i realised that the ambient lighting is only on when the car is unlocked and not ready to drive. Once you are in ready mode the lighting goes off.

You can however alter the brightness of the ambient lighting in one of the options. i can't think which one exactly but it can be done.

1 hour ago, WALLOP said:

Hi Denise,

I had the same issue until i realised that the ambient lighting is only on when the car is unlocked and not ready to drive. Once you are in ready mode the lighting goes off.

You can however alter the brightness of the ambient lighting in one of the options. i can't think which one exactly but it can be done.

Thanks for your reply. Last night i was just sat in my car and not driving but the lights on the doors were off. I'll have a look in the manual again to see where i can change the brightness.

I’ve got ambient lighting on mine two front doors front tray and cup holders it’s rubbish they dim down to the point that you can hardly see them when you put the vehicle into drive or reverse . When in park they come on brighter I suppose so that you can see the open tray and cup holders easier. Also you cannot alter the brightness in settings (on mine anyway) don’t know if the 2022 model year is different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

I’ve got ambient lighting on mine two front doors front tray and cup holders it’s rubbish they dim down to the point that you can hardly see them when you put the vehicle into drive or reverse . When in park they come on brighter I suppose so that you can see the open tray and cup holders easier. Also you cannot alter the brightness in settings (on mine anyway) don’t know if the 2022 model year is different.

Thanks. I don't even know why the ambient lighting is even on there then because it makes no sense. I had this on my previous car and it was really lovely to drive at night with that on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links